I have no leak on the floor , no over flow , even if my tank is 1/4 ,
It is not from my muffler.
Same problem event if my Spyder is turn off for 10 minutes

Could you help me !!!
Thanks !!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Possibly just fumes venting from the tank. All tanks need to vent one way or another. Most are to open air, in California they vent into a charcoal canister and then drain back into the tank. As long as its not leaking I wouldnt worry about it too much :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hate to open this thread up again, but...
2017 F3 with strong gas smell. I replaced the evap can, still has smell. The gas cap seems to be well seated, Vacuum pull when I open it.
Thoughts on additional things to check?
I was thinking about a canisterectomy (?) but the tutorials are all older bikes with a 2 port evap can, my 2017 is a 3 port evap can, not sure what to do with the 3rd incoming line.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,657 Posts
Hate to open this thread up again, but...
2017 F3 with strong gas smell. I replaced the evap can, still has smell. The gas cap seems to be well seated, Vacuum pull when I open it.
Thoughts on additional things to check?
I was thinking about a canisterectomy (?) but the tutorials are all older bikes with a 2 port evap can, my 2017 is a 3 port evap can, not sure what to do with the 3rd incoming line.
Well you could have opened a new thread !!
Has any one ELSE been able to detect this odor except for you ?
How long has it been like that ??

Have you considered letting a shop look at it......or smell it as the case may be ?
I think that might be preferable to taking a wild shot at it yourself.

I'm not sure this is true but I THINK that the ethanol free gas smells different and not as much as the regular stuff.
Might want to use a couple of tanks of that and see if anything changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts