Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I dont usually let it get that low but 1/4 of a tank seems to equal 1 gallon. meaning when it hits red, its still got about 2.5 gallons left. I haven't ran it dry yet only had it about a week. But I just calculated 28.8 MPG during my fill up today. I have gone 150 miles on a single tank with about 1.3 gallons remaining in a tank. I'd estimate the range to be between 150 and 200 miles depending on driving conditions and style

·
Registered
570 Posts
The best that I have done is 171 miles before the low fuel light came on. I was driving in ol' fart mode for that tank.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
The best I have ever done is 30.5 MPG but I suspect that Bob is right and there is something wrong with my right wrist.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
the most I have gone is about 255 kilometers abd still had not seen the dreaded warning light

have no idea how many US miles that is

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I get them nasty headaches when I think

so I try to do that as little as possible

hehe

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
**hits head to get bad pictures out **

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I've seen the low gas light, and made it about 20 miles on my RS. Not that I'd recommend it; the butt tends to suck seat when that happens. I get about 30 miles to the gallon.... and suspect my right wrist is malfunctioning as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Watch your light and when it comes on fill up the tank. The difference between the amount you put in and what the tank holds is what is left when the light comes on. That times your mpg will tell you how far you should be able to go after the light comes on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New spyder owner: How many miles can you go once the low fuel light flashes
When I first purchased my Spyder, I was unaware how particular filling the gas tank can be. 6 gallon tank. The light usually comes on with about 2 gallons left. I use the trip meter for each fill-up and usually get gas around 120 to 130 miles. Sometimes, I am sure I only partially filled the tank because I did not understand there is a methodology for filling the tank. I tried to reflect that by indicating "partial" fill-up. I use fuelly.com to track my gas usage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts