Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather is breaking here, and I have been out for a couple of hours on my 2009. I notice that the gas gauge is not reading accurately. It reads empty when it is not, and it seems to be off by 1/2 of a tank. I still have a half tank when it reads empty. I go to fill it up, and it takes right around 3 gallons.

Has anyone heard of this? I am debating on just changing out the sender but don't know how hard it is to get to (Swapnostics).

Also, the ambient air reading on the dash is way off. Same question, where is the sensor and does anyone know how hard it is to swapt it out, or is this a common problem?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
gas gauges have issues reading properly, but not that much

the air temp gauges always seem to be out of wack

don't know of anyone yet who has been able to fix 'em yet

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's so lame

The fuel gauge on my '12 Ltd is so far off it is useless Fill up, ryde 30 miles and the gauge reads 1/2 full and the reserve light is on and it takes almost exactly 1 gallon to re-fill. Geez. Dealer says they can't fix it. Solution: Use the odometer, when you hit 150 miles start looking for gas. Same situation as my '08 VTX 1800T.
The situation with the Ltd is actually a minor inconvenience but you'd think BRP would include a decent fuel gauge at their price point. :confused:
Bob

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
weird

on my 2011 RT I don't have an issue at all. I go to about the red line ( about 200 k so far this year) and when I fill her up she takes .ummm about $23 Cdn and that's in liters and that was at $1.40 a liter ( normally about $1.50 a liter in town, but this was out in the boonies where gas is about 10 cents a liter cheaper)

and I drive with my wife 99% of the time and we are not light weights at all

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
how fast

not sure if this is the right place to ask this but i was askedc how fast will it go if redline i told him i have no idea and i will never find out personally i will ask someone anybody have any idea :eek:

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
all bikes are limited to 140 MPH

even though the gauge says 200, that's in Kilometers

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I don't have a problem on my '08 RS with the gas gauge. Strange that you guys are having that kind of trouble. BRP should come out with an update to fix that issue... has anyone called them directly?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
yup yup

mine is the same way looks like a rubber ball, so I also rely on the odo.. I use the "B" one all the time for gas.. the "A" I use for total miles

·
Registered
36 Posts
I find it best to fill er up between 150-160 miles. usually takes around. 5 gallons. As to someone wanting to know how fast one will go. On a RT I have gotten to 105mph. it is not redline, but the wind resistance holds you back from going any faster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts