Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, my name is Jeff and I have been looking at Spyder Roadster for the past few months online and I am actually going to a dealer tomorrow to take one for a test drive I hope. I am not sure if I will be able to purchase one this year, but for sure I will have one by the time the riding season starts next year. I look foward to gather more information here on this fourm. And Thank you in advance for any advice that you may share with me.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Jeff!

This is a good place to learn what you need to know. The test drive is a great idea - though beware, you may get hooked!

Enjoy your test drive and come on back ... we're all addicts to the Spyder around here. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I went to the dealer today and got to look at the Spyder in person and it was love at first site. I did not get to test drive it today due to the 30 degree temperatures. But sitting on both of them I find the RT to be more comforatble and since we plan on driving to Gatlinburg, TN alot I think it would be the better choice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you are going to ride long distances the RT can't be beat :). I ride my '09 GS two up 200+ miles but that will take a toll on you with the stock seat. I just upgraded to the comfort seat and after a few hundred miles it made a big differance. The RT is still much more comfortable, like riding on a sofa. I hear of people doing 1100 miles a day on the RT.

There is a good meet in Maggie Valley coming up you might want to check out. It is being put on by BRP, go to their web site for details.

Once you take the test ride have your checkbook handy, you'll want to take the plunge right there.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Best bet, ride both styles. See which one you prefer, and which would fit your style and plans better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Potential owner

Hey guys/gals, john from NJ. Have the spyder fever and so far my biggest problem is getting a dealer to email or call me back.

Anyway, never road a 2 wheel bike, nor do i want to so look forward to trying the spyder out. Have read most of the threads here with great interest whether they were good post or bad post. It kind of reminds me when i was looking for my first Land rover, if you want to see negative go to a land rover thread...lol.....I bought one and love it and have had zero issues(knocking on wood) 40k miles later...so, I read the negative stuff because it helps to know what issues can come up and try "fixing" them before they happen....or at least be aware of them.

Again, thanks for posting alll the info and look forward to becoming an owner soon....MC motor vehicle book in hand..lol.....

I'm near phila, any great dealers around my area?

john

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi, Spyder!

Welcome! Nowhere near your end of the country, but wanted to tell you great job on reading up on these before you buy. Good to know what you're getting into! I read a lot of stuff when I first became interested, as well, and ended up getting a great deal on mine through a cycletrader.com ad. I've seen several available on Craigslist, too - maybe look in your area and see what dealers are advertising.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts