Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the plunge and got the RTS specific Fusion 21 LED kit. 20 LED pods full of heartburn and temptation to indulge in adult beverages.

I was told I'd receive detailed instructions on where to mount the plethora of pods, which is the main reason I chose the dealer I did. No such luck. I thought with an RT specific lighting kit, there'd be great instructions showing where to mount the LEDs, extension cable, and CPU so my Spyder would glow like the one on their website. Nope.

The shop is working on providing me some hopefully more idiot proof instructions, but I'm half tempted just to retape the box and return it. It's killing me keeping everything shrink wrapped and not tinkering, but the threat of the 15% restocking fee for opened merchandise is doing well to quell my curiosity.

I just don't think I'm meant to modify my machine. I've had very little luck with any of my upgrade installs. Only thing that went smoothly was putting metallic blue tire valve caps on.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Looks like it is a generic lighting kit that will work on our Spyders. However, you will have lots of cables to run all over the big depending on where you want the lights.

Seems nice that you can create your own effect, but challenging if you have not done it before.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
personally i would have gone with Reggy at TricLED

everything I gotten form him so far comes with very nice instructions

also he will help with just about anything as far as lights are concerned

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard absolutely great things about Reggy and TricLED. I just preferred the more subtle look of Fusion 21s. If they stocked the Fusions there, I surely would have purchased from them...without a doubt.

Just looking at their site...am going to have to get some of their LED fender tip lights. Very cool and inexpensive.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
yeah Reggy has some real good stuff and is willing to answer the dumbest questions ( this I know for a fact) and will build custom sets if you want

on the red bike on his web site the halo kit used is the same as mine and he custom built that for me last year, but due to winter I never got to use it, he is also custom doing a couple of other things for me, but since parts are on back order it will be a month or so before I get them

don't think he sells Fusion though

what is the fusion web site?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
umm what do they do?

ph NM

there is a real cheap way of doing same thing

NAPA sells a stick on turn signal arrow that you can mount on the mirror, then move the mirror so the out side is visable, the drill a small hole and run the wires throuhg the back of the mirror then hook it up to your signal light/s

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
yeah but say $25.00 max I will take those

but I don't think I need any more things flashing to confuse even more..

hehe

I can see if one does not have the entire side of the bike flashing, then something like that makes sense, BUT do you really think a person in a car is going to really notice them?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
hehe

Bob tha't true, but again why spend $250 when you can spend $25 for the same thing?

You should take a look at them because they don't take up much looking space on the mirror

found this one kinda kewl

VectraLIGHT Mirror Mount Turn Signals - Chrome Glow

Ebay has a bunch too for about $15 US

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very kind offer. I'm getting fed up with Be Seen At Night and will probably return the danged things. The GloRyders look like a straight forward install. Something I can handle and well explained install by manufacturer.

Do wanna do another run with ya sometime... Lights or no lights.

mishapman, If you want to see how the setup looks on my bike, just let me know. We can arrange a meet somewhere.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Glo Ryders are easy peasy

even the the video on you tube shows them off the bike you don't need to do that at all

they more or less self center and after you buy the first set you can buy different colors if you want

I bought amber to start then got green and aqua, so now just mix/match for something different

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think like $45 for the set.
You can get different caps for them. you don't have to get the arachnid cap. My caps just say "RT", which I felt fit since it is a Spyder RT.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
there is no info on the web site for them

they will only sell to you if you already have bought the set

i got the stock cap when I bought them, then got the RT cap later

each extra set are about $35 each or so and the RT cap was $45

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've had no luck getting installation instructions from Be Seen at Night. The sole reason I bought from them was their assurance that the kit would detail where each of the 20 LED pods mount on a Spyder RTS. I've had the kit over a month. No dice. No support from the vendor. I would recommend against using Be Seen at Night unless you are sure of your installation skills.

Sorry Be Seen at Night. I tried to be patient, but this is ridiculous. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts