Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here. I wanted to hear your oppinions about the new paddle shifters that are begginig to replace the manual transmitions we all know. I personaly have nothing against them, as long as the manufacturers give me a choice between the two. I know the new semi autos are supposed to shift faster than any person can, but I miss the cluch...I find it more fun. What do you think? Which do you prefer and why?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I hear what you are saying I have a se5 09 gs spyder but I also have a 5 speed clutch Honda motorcycle that I seam to drive a lot more than the Spyder lately I have owned the Honda since 5/1/11 and have put 6000 miles on it and have only put about 2000 miles on the Spyder so far this year when I first got the Spyder I put about 9000 miles on it, I have a total of 18000 miles on the Spyder But I seam to enjoy the 2 wheel bike a lot more lately You have a lot more control of what is going on with the bike.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a '11 RT Ltd with the SE5 transmission. The speed of the electric shift has never struck me as being super fast. I think that BRP aimed at making it more convenient versus performance. But I do like the SE5 transmission.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Racer X!

I've got an '08 GS/RS SM5 and am very happy with the manual shift. It feels more like the ride I expect with the manual shift. Whichever is more comfortable for you is what you should ride - everyone has an opinion, but your riding experience is what should be important to you. Enjoyment is the name of the game!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts