Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the specs on the front tire?

I think its a 165/65R14, but I'm looking for the actual nominal width and height of the tire.

I've contacted Kenda to see, but they have to contact the manufacturer as the specs for this tire are not easily available.

I'm thinking the actual width of the tire is closer to a 160mm, not 165.

Does anyone have these specs?

Thanks,

·
Registered
377 Posts
Does anyone have the specs on the front tire?

I think its a 165/65R14, but I'm looking for the actual nominal width and height of the tire.

I've contacted Kenda to see, but they have to contact the manufacturer as the specs for this tire are not easily available.

I'm thinking the actual width of the tire is closer to a 160mm, not 165.

Does anyone have these specs?

Thanks,
Why do you need those specific spec's? Obviously it's more than just buying a replacement since in that case all you have to do is go to the dealer and they'll take care of it. As far as I know there is only one size tire that goes there anyway. So again, why do you need to know? David

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
(Waiting to see why the tire specs are so important also...:eek:)
I've heard of folks trying different brands and sizes up front... I'm looking at Bridgestone Potenzas as a possible replacement up front, and perhaps a Falken in the back.
Let me know how you come out on that. The thread on my rear tire is almost down to the wear bars so I'll be due the next few months. My front tires look almost new. I have heard that the dealer won't mount a non OEM tire. If you get car tires for your Spyder how are you going to handle it? David

·
Registered
3 Posts
tire widths

165/65R14

44 psi max inflation I think can-am says 17 lbs
9/32" tread depth 5" tread width
13lbs. tire weight 4.5-6" rim width range
5" measured rim width 6.5" section width

22.5" overall diameter
926 revs per mile
JP country of origin