Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 RT-S. I am having the sprocket replaced this week for the second time. My VCM module has failed as well so I am getting that as well. I have just over 90,000 kms on my RT.

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,567 Posts
I have a 2015 RT-S. I am having the sprocket replaced this week for the second time.
AND......if they are putting on one of the original design sprockets, you will not be done replacing them yet.
If you are getting one of the new ones, I wonder how you rate ?
WE are having to wait until September.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody ever use the Loctite 648? I had slight red dust, but all splines look good. I have a trip to Tennessee in mid September, and I know the dealer won't have the new sprocket by then, so I ordered some 648. Just not sure how much I need to use. Hate to use too much and have a bitch of a time changing when new ones are available. Ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I only have 9500 miles on my 2018 F3L. I took it in for inspection and it failed. Sprocket looks like new. No rust. Nothing. But it has too much movement, so a new temporary sprocket is on the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Regarding sprocket recall: was there a different sprocket used on RTs during the recall years than 2020 the year of my RTL. I recently had problem picking up construction zone gravel which lead to my belt breaking and a new sprocket is needed for the repair. I am told there is no availablity of the part.
Any info appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,567 Posts
I am told there is no availablity of the part.
Any info appreciated!
Some dealers seem to be able to find the "old" sprockets "new" at this time.
Others won't bother trying.
The most recent model years might not be included in the recall.......yet......even though they had the same part.
Sad situation but you are not the only one.

·
Registered
2017 RTL
60 Posts
I recently had problem picking up construction zone gravel which lead to my belt breaking and a new sprocket is needed for the repair. I am told there is no availablity of the part.
Any info appreciated!
Sounds like you need the missing belt guard from Spyderpops. Will help keep the chat and gravel out of your belt.
It was one of the first upgrades I installed.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts