Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I said double as both my wife and I got suckered into buying 2 spyders, 2009, SE-5 so far I've got 400 miles onmine, had a bad vibration start around 3oo miles turned out the two long engine bolts had fallen out. Also lost both mirror, "protectors, and one handle bar grip end piece fall off, Doesn't run to bad steering is hard, shifts like an old Harley--hard with alot of clunking, course thats better than the wifes hers just stops down shifting and when she takes off it sounds like the motor is coming unglued.. of course one can say, heck there new toy only been out 2 years... but then again one could also say BRP makes a bunch of junk.. Anyone rememeer the corvair? how about the Edsel... they were only around for a short time..
Help from the dealer? their lucky the can find their way into the shop...
bunch of shop monkeys.

FAR cry from the New harley Dealers.. maybe BRP should ask Harley how to put together a Riders group and shop training..

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello stroke 1

Sorry you have had bad luck with your new spiders. I just bought a red SM5 around the middle of October. I also have a 2002 Indian and 2008 Harley Road King Classic.When i got home and started riding the spyder i thought i had really made a big mistake. I got 700 miles on it now and i like it alot better. It sure needs to be a 6 speed though. I rode the Harley over the weekend and that extra gear the Harley has makes a real difference. I like my spyder and if i had to do it over again i would still buy it again. For taking short rides around town or short trips its alot of fun. For my long rides i will stick with the Harley. You are right it really clunks when you stick it in gear. I hope you gets things worked out. They said this spyder has been in the engineering stages for about 10 years. You would think they could have the bugs worked out by now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
wow how harsh
hope you get your troubles fixed and can start to injoy all the fun that the rest of us have the trouble free joy. They say that it has been in engineering for ten years but when you think about it Harley has been for way longer than that do you rember when they use to say ride an hour work an it for to or all the oil leeks they usto have? give BRP a chance and hope you can get it figered out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts