Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do most individuals go to list Spyders for sale. I skimmed the first 25 pages of Spyder adds at the motorcycle.com web site and found a total of only 7 for sale by individuals!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought mine off craigslist.org. I just checked some of the bigger cities nearby periodically. I also checked cycletrader.com and ebaymotors.com. Good luck!

Andy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm not actively shopping at this point. I am interested in learning more about actual transaction prices. Dealer inventories appear to be growing somewhat leading me to surmise that the 'first on the block' crowd's hunger has been satisfied. I may buy a Spyder RT if/when the right (for me) opportunity is presented.

I bought mine off craigslist.org. I just checked some of the bigger cities nearby periodically. I also checked cycletrader.com and ebaymotors.com. Good luck!

Andy

·
Registered
377 Posts
If all you're trying to do is get a feel for prices then Cycletrader.com is a good place to go. You set the search parameters yourself. Granted about 3/4's of everything there is dealer listed but individuals use it as well. David

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I am surprised that there are so few Spyders advertised nationally by owners and so many used units at dealerships. I suspect that owners are so far able to move them locally.

That's OK. I'm in no hurry. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Thanks. I am surprised that there are so few Spyders advertised nationally by owners and so many used units at dealerships. I suspect that owners are so far able to move them locally.

That's OK. I'm in no hurry. :)
If what you're seeing used at dealers are RS's then I suspect they are being traded in for RT's. I personally like the RS better but a lot of people originally bought the RS and then later decided they wanted something more comfortable for touring. You also probably noticed that Spyder's hold their resell value pretty good. David

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suspect that there's lots of truth in what you said. I have found very few Spyders of any description listed on national lists by owners.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I bought my Spyder the dealer told me that the Rss and RT are the ones they sell. They do not keep but a few on the show room floor maybe at most.

and when I was there I had to order mine because there was only the RT models
on the floor and one for test driving. None for the RSS so I ordered the one I wanted and picked it up 3 weeks later.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Found mine on Cycletrader.com. Was only looking at the time, myself, but it was the right deal at the right time, I snapped her up and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found mine on Cycletrader.com. Was only looking at the time, myself, but it was the right deal at the right time, I snapped her up and haven't looked back.
Thanks and congratulations.

I see a few "Owner" listings here and there but the preponderance are from dealers, so far.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
There were more dealer ads than personal when I looked, as well. Don't lose hope, yours is out there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts