Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask the tech when he came over last night to finish "phase 2" of the bike about adjusting the foglights.

after thinking for a bit he said the best way was probably doing it the way they do it at the shops

when they are in the crate the entire front end is off inside the crate, he said to take the entire front end off and find exactly where to adjuting screws are then tyr moving them then or seeing how/if you can get to them after the front goes back on..

said there was about 6-8 screws in various places then kind of a tilt a wiggle deal..

ummm mine will stay where they are I think unless there is an easier way of going about it

·
Registered
25 Posts
sorry no adjustments to the fog lights. My 2010 rt radio and cov. came with no fog lights. after my wife saw the 2011 with fog lights and extra chrome she had the dealer to order them. I installed my self. all plug and play. but no adjustments to them at all. Head lights yes,

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine RT Ltd came with them stock, but there has to be some sort of adjustment cause 20 feet in front is just not enough light

besides there is an "optional " cable you can buy..

Mr. Midshipman has been having an interesting conversation with Burp about them..

hehe

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
loonies?

oh oh you must be looking in the mirror again **grins **

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahahaha

ummmm

hahaha

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol

i would assume you can do that but that means taking the whole thing apart

·
Registered
284 Posts
Somewhere in there, there is an adjustment screw. BRP said so. Just not cable to make it simple. They can be adjusted. Just have to get in there and find it. I don't think you'd have to shim the whole assembly.

I think I have the shop manual on my laptop here. I'll have to give a look sometime when I have more time to look. I'll let ya know what...if anything... I find.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Finally got a chance to look at the shop manual...and sure as poo...it mentions adjusting the fog lights by using the adjustment knob in front of the regular headlight knob.

Sorry it took me a bit to get back. This week's been busy as I was suddenly given Flight Commander responsibilities and all the wonderful administration that goes along with it.

BRP snookered us on this one.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so since there is no adjustment knob/screw on North American bikes we seem to be back at square one..

other than taking the whole front end off how does one adjust them?

·
Registered
284 Posts
...by taking the whole front end off...

other than taking the whole front end off how does one adjust them?
I'm half tempted to go the BBB route with this one. Every piece of BRP documentation mentions these cables. Their parts fiche mentions the cables. On none of the documentation is there an asterisk or other annotation saying it's not included with North American bikes.

Boys...the cables exist...we just don't have them. Any one interested in dropping complaints to whatever Canada has for a BBB? I've got most of the evidence showing the parts in manuals and parts fiches, email correspondence from BRP as well. Maybe we can pressure them into at least sending us the cables...or better yet...make it a recall item because poorly aimed fogs are a safety issue. :)

RISE UP!

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"Pal" just wants to raise his up high enough to help him be seen from the I.S.S. :D :cool:
I would just like to keep from blinding the bugs that are in the road directly in front of me... :eek:
LOL !!!!!!!!!!

hahaha

sheesh can't even think of a smart ass reply to that one Bob !!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts