Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my yellow fog lights today and when I opened the box the first words out of my mouth were " OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your are F#[email protected]#[email protected] kidding me !!!"

I was told that they were going to be a "plug and play " system so I figured take out the stock bulb and then plug in the new set up and rock and roll.

well if you call "plug and play " taking out the stock bulb, drilling a 1" hole in the dust cover, then running the power wires to the battery and hooking them up there (need to do both sides) then I guess that is what it was.

They are not as bright as I was hoping for, but hard to tell inside a lit up garage, so will have to wait till I get the bike back together and insured to really see how they look

good thing my tech was coming over anyways to wire up my "GET THE #[email protected]#$%@ OUT OF MY WAY !! ) horn.. hehe it's going to get peoples attention real fast.

hehe

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the install went faster then I expected. the hardest part was putting the bulbs back inside the dust cover as the stock bulbs have a 90 degree angle so the plug has no issues, but the new one have the plug come directly out of the back so there is very little room inside the cover, but it comes with a rubber grommet ( hence the need for the hole).

Also to get to the bulb is very tight quarters, so a little fiddling is needed, the wiring once he (my tech) explained how it actually worked was easy. it comes with a 20 amp fuse block for each side, and a relay for each side too.

here is what I got

Xtreme Digital HID 3000k Xenon HID Conversion Kits

·
Registered
163 Posts
I put the same kit (different color temp though) in not long ago for my main headlights. I didn't make separate runs to the battery. Just connected them into my existing switched fuse block in the front saved loads of time. No point in making additional unnecessary battery runs.the hole in the dust cover is so plugs can fit through. The rubber grommet is there to keep it dust proof after the hole is drilled.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, I know

found out that we did not need all the extra wiring done, but oh well no worries at least they are now yellow instead of white

1 - 5 of 5 Posts