Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Yep so I'm a freaking new gal with parked motorcycle syndrome.

Hello I am very new to this forum and to Spyders. I am a 5'3" woman who has owned and ridden many motorcycles (Rebel, Magna, Shadow, VTX, Phantom)

In 2009 I was severely injured when an impaired elderly driver crossed the center line in an S-turn ( in front of baseball great Cal Ripken's house)running into my group of 5 riders. After multiple surgeries I traded down from my heavy VTX 1300 that was in the accident to a 2010 Honda Phantom 750. I am part of a club that does about 12 - 15k miles per year on the back roads of MD, PA and WV. I used to be a very assertive rider having no problem going nut to nut with all the guys in my club riding the big Harley tourning bikes. Now, I can ride the Phantom on flat suburban roads but having to stop on a hill, or gravel... forget it! And if I had to make an emergency stop Im worried that my leg will just go. I havent ridden in over a year and I find I am suffering from a severe case of PMS (parked motorcycle syndrome).

Sooo, needless to say I have been searching for a way to crawl out of my funk and ride again. I have looked at Harley and Goldwing trikes but quite frankly I have never spent that much money on a bike in my life. I also have researched the Spyder and feel like the RS-S (manual) might be what I want. Still doing my research and may make a decision in the next few months. I appreciate all the info I have been reading here and look forward to participating in more discussions.

--Dark

·
Registered
25 Posts
I to do not want to give up riding. Hip that did not want to hold up a big bike. I spent all winter building up my Raider 1900 and had a few close calls of laying it down at a stop light, parking lot... I sold it a month ago and got me a RT sm5. It took me about 200 miles to get the hang of it, now I love it!

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
...PMS really is an awful affliction! :D (Not going anywhere NEAR any other connotation of that acronym! :eek:)

I can tell you that the Spyders ARE an alternative... But they don't handle or ride at all like a motorcycle! If you have any experience on ATVs ro snowmobiles; that's a fair approximation of how they feel on the tarmac...
Is it just your leg that is giving you trouble? Can Am is offering both a manual and a semi-automatic transmission in these bikes, so the options can get pretty wild...
Anyway; Welcome to our looney bin! :cool: Get comfy and feel free to ask anything!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Dark!!

I, too, am a female who has traded in her motorcycle for a Spyder. I've ridden passenger on occasion on a trike, but the Spyder feels different somehow, and I really enjoy it.

As Bob said, feel free to ask any questions you come up with - we're happy to talk!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts