Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please read and help if you can. Brand new Owner picked this up cheap. its an 2011 RT SE5 with only 630 miles on it, knowing it had some issues. stuck a $175 brand new battery in it changed fluids and crossed my fingers. turns over hard and strong but just wont start. the electronic shifter says first gear yet rolls freely like its in neutral nor will it change the gears when i hit + or - on the shifter. The parking brake was off the u shaped "holder" i stuck it back on and tightened it down but its still getting an error. more concerned about the starting and shifting. any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks
jj

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try this, 2014 through 2020 shifting problems have been do to the Angle Rotation Sensor part #420265120 failure. Stuck in gear, won't shift down.

·
Super Moderator
1,135 Posts
You really need to fix things in the right order.
I'm pretty sure that it won't shift, by design, unless the engine is running.
You probably need a BUDS computer to reset all the errors so it can "start over from scratch".
This probably is going to require a dealer visit. Otherwise you might just throw a LOT of money at it and never fix anything.
I hope you got a REALLY good deal 'cause getting it road worthy likely will be a costly venture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts