1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went for the first ryde this year to the shop for new Elkas

hehe

weather was iffy but not pissing rain was sooo much fun

when I got home wife pouted so I told her to get her ryding gear on then went out for lunch and some fun

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup got them all done

so far so good, they are totally different from the stock ones. I have abig box of the entire stock shock and spring set up to bring home

for the time being I am not going to fool with them as the last thing I need ATM is to have each one set differently so just going to see how they are the way I got them

going over bumps though they do seem softer, but not sure on corners yet as we just tootaled along yesterday

·
Registered
504 Posts
When I got my Elks'a I also thought they felt a little soft because they absorbed the bumps so well. I was pretty careful on the corners at first but found that though the ride was better cornering was way better than stock.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet..

I have not read the manual yet, but I don't want to fool with them too much until I figure things out

wife and I was going to go for a ride when we got home from work tonite just because it was niceish

but it's BLOODY SNOWING HERE rite now

sheesh

hehe

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Ok, I presume these are new shocks?

We put the helibar risers on Saturday (4 1/2 hours' worth of work :eek: and as many colorful words as you can imagine) and went for a ride yesterday. The risers are going to work out, I think. There's a definite difference between how she rides with them and how she rode before them.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes they are

Kewl for you

I hope they work out

·
Registered
504 Posts
It was 62 in Boise when I went for a ride on Sunday------Tuesday A.M. 33 and [email protected] Was going to ride to work. I have an appointment for Thursday to change oil and get the extended throttle cables put on, then I can put the Kwel-Metel 9" bars on.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha

yeah it was just below 32F this morning with snow on the ground
so we decided to take the car

good thing as there was lots of black ice

but next 2 days look good, but a bit chilli so we picked up some pull over wind proof pants today just to pull over our work pants

not too worried about cold, but it's the wind that's cold

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
went to work this morning

dark and abit windy but was great fun.. coming home was even better

tomorrow supposed to be real nice then back to crap on the weekend

sheesh

·
Registered
504 Posts
Froze my you know what off coming to work this morning. Just gonna get thawed out and head over to dealer to get longer throttle cables put on and oil changed. Supposed to be nice here this weekend so guess spring yard work is going to have to wait......more important things to do.........like ride.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha

was a nice ride today, but rain for the next few days, so gonna do some work on the bike, got a kewl set of lights today. I am prteey sure they are not going to be street legal, so gonna get a switch for some "fun" lights

heeh

so far the Elkas seem fine, I thought a bit mushy at first but did a bit harder cornering today and they seemed to handel fine, but again still have not done anything real hard for corners yet

·
Registered
504 Posts
You can up the pre load with the wrench you should have received with the shocks. you just want to measure and make sure both are the same.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I got mine out yesterday to wring it out after the total rebuild...
Took it up in step: 80, 85 90, 95 mph. It tracked smooth and straight with no rattles, groans or moans and no vibration.
I even ran the engine up to redline and it was smooth as silk!
The transmissions shifted smoother than I even remeber!
And the belt is riding in the center of the pulleys too!

So I am one very happy puppy! :D:D:cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
very kewl !!! :D

glad it seems to be fixed as good if not better than new

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
This weekend for us is going to be rainy, but Monday and Tuesday are looking good for high 70's. Good thing I was watching the weather and took the days off work! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts