Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I did it. I rode to work today. The morning ride to work was great. It just felt natural. I did however get to work late because of the prep time and going slower than normal.

When I arrive the guys in installation were just arriving to work. They were all over it with questions, Do I like riding it? What is it like? Is it like a Motorcycle? Do you need a special license? It was a huge hit.

I spent a large part of the day meeting people out back to show them my Spyder. It was great.

Then about an 30 minutes before it was time for me to go home the storms started. Rain, Thunder, Lightening it was not the ideal situation for my first day of riding to work. Everybody was freaking out and offering me a ride home. They even offered to move the Spyder into the bay so it would be left outside all night.

I decided to ride home. It was tense but I did OK. The rain on my faceshield made it hard to see and I felt like I wobbled a couple times but all in all I was OK. My husband wanted to come and get me and he felt bad, because I told him it was going to rain but he convinenced it wasn't so I rode.

It was a interesting first ride to work.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the support. My co-workers think that I am crazy, but I am good with that.

I had the security guys from accross the street standing in my parking spot this morning when I arrived. They wanted to check out the bike and ask me questions.

I gave them brochures and CDs, so they could learn more about the Spyder. I think that I am going to need more of those here soon. :eek:

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
for the rain on the face shield I use the same stuff that you use on the car windshields called RainX. it makes the water sheet off instead of staying as drops

I use the same stuff on the windows of all my cars and even on the "new " baby. so far though not been in too much rain with it, but works great on car windshields and the faster you go the better it is seeing actully I have driven in rainstorms with my wipers turned off and can see better that way than with them going

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Bob's right, you're a rock star now! Own it! :D

Paladin's right, too. RainX is good stuff. I've used it on my windshield before; it even comes in windshield washer fluid. Haven't used it on my visor, but certainly worth thinking about!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for the rain on the face shield I use the same stuff that you use on the car windshields called RainX. it makes the water sheet off instead of staying as drops

I use the same stuff on the windows of all my cars and even on the "new " baby. so far though not been in too much rain with it, but works great on car windshields and the faster you go the better it is seeing actully I have driven in rainstorms with my wipers turned off and can see better that way than with them going
I will try that, thank you for the hint.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Rain? What is that? Haven't seen the stuff in 7 months! ;)

Seriously--congratulations! I haven't ridden in a storm (it's sunny 90% of the year here), so I have to give you props! I think I would have been a little nervous doing that for the first time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I was nervous, trust me it was not ideal, but you do what you have to do and I made it home safely, so that really helped my confidence too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts