Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I lurk a lot and this is my first post. A local motorcycle shop made a harness setup for my Spyder. I was tired of the stock halogen bulbs and wanted HID lights but refused to pay the insane $1300 for a factory kit. I asked them to build me a kit and it worked so well they will be releasing a aftermarket HID kit with step by step instructions! A&R has been fantastic throughout the whole process, I cant stress enough the level of satisfaction they made sure I experienced while they were working on my bike. They even threw a few LED marker bulbs in so the markers matched the HID lights.

I know they will be releasing the kit shortly. I think they are going to be offering it for around $150 with a warranty and step by step instructions. I have had there HID kits on every bike I have owned so far, had to have them on my Spyder. Keep a lookout, I will let you guys know when it is released, until then here is the website you can browse through.

www.aandrmotorsport.com

Before picture.

After picture.

(also cross posted on another Spyder board, I am just so excited about these HIDs!!)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome, Killerfly!

Thanks for the write-up and the pics - looks like you've got some seriously bright lights now! Yay! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome, Killerfly!

Thanks for the write-up and the pics - looks like you've got some seriously bright lights now! Yay! :)
Thanks for the welcome!

The lights are insanely bright now! I dont think I could ever go back to stock. For $150, I think everyone should have a set. I dont think there is another HID kit for our bikes that even comes close to the quality of this one. I had a set of the cheaper ones and kept replacing ballasts and bulbs. On my 04 R1 I have had the same set of A&R HIDs for 3 years now with no issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I have had these for over a month now and still love them! No issues at all and they are just as bright as the day I got them. I heard that they released the kit on there web site and ebay. I guess they were having some problems with the headlight retaining clips and have provided an improved clip with the kit now. I dont think you could buy a better kit right now for this cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts