Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ladies,

Can't sleep and I was thinking about this and wanted you thoughts.

I am curious as to what you like to wear for riding during warm/hot weather. I know on two wheelers most riders still wear leather, long sleeves, boots, etc.

Do you feel this is necessary on our three wheelers. Yes I know that bad things can happen on our bikes too, but I like to wear a tee and jeans when its hot outside. Do you do the same or do you think it is still too important to have the protection of more clothing. It is suppose to be in the 90s this weekend and I plan to ride and just wanted your thoughts.

Spidergirl, I hope I accepted your friend invitation via this site, however if I missed something and it did not go through, please let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey Ladies,

I am curious as to what you like to wear for riding during warm/hot weather. I know on two wheelers most riders still wear leather, long sleeves, boots, etc.

Do you feel this is necessary on our three wheelers. Yes I know that bad things can happen on our bikes too, but I like to wear a tee and jeans when its hot outside. Do you do the same or do you think it is still too important to have the protection of more clothing. It is suppose to be in the 90s this weekend and I plan to ride and just wanted your thoughts.

Spidergirl, I hope I accepted your friend invitation via this site, however if I missed something and it did not go through, please let me know.
The wife and I went for a late afternoon local ride last night, she on her Yamaha T-Max and me on the RS. We were both wearing jeans and a T shirt. On long rides we wear our riding jackets (mesh w/stiff pads for back, elbows etc) and boots but still wear only jeans. I kind of like what some of the ladies wear up on the Dragon - short-shorts and T tops...but I'm a man so what do you expect? David

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob, where did you get that picture of me on my bike??? NOT...
The ladies in my office are already asking when I will be getting a biker tattoo, but once again NOT.

David, I don't think I will be doing the short shorts and T top, but stick with a tee and jeans for local rides and leather if I go on the interstate:)

So far top speed, not too impressive, 60 but average more like 45-50 on local roads. Not ready for a curve to slip up on me at 60, I am a wimp...

Dee

·
Registered
36 Posts
So if you happened to walk by this young lady who is obviously enjoying the beautful weather after a great ride... you'd ask her what tire pressures she runs while attacking the Dragon??? :D
.....sure, that would be a very good question to which she would answer 36, 22, 36. Left front, rear, right front.

Spyder sense tingling on that one!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Today should be the hottest day of the year in the Phoenix area, around 102 deg for my 37 mile ride home at 4pm. I will be wearing my linerless TourMaster jacket, jeans, ICON boots, gloves, Scorpion 900 helmet with heavy metal blasting on the MP3 player.

Can't believer James got kicked off American Idol and that dork Scotty makes it through?

Spyder-sense

·
Registered
377 Posts
Today should be the hottest day of the year in the Phoenix area, around 102 deg for my 37 mile ride home at 4pm. I will be wearing my linerless TourMaster jacket, jeans, ICON boots, gloves, Scorpion 900 helmet with heavy metal blasting on the MP3 player.

Can't believer James got kicked off American Idol and that dork Scotty makes it through?

Spyder-sense
I would expect that your favorite on AI wouldn't be Scotty due to your taste of music. Scotty however IMO is the most talented and sings country like he grew up with Johnny Cash and like he is 20 years older. He has a great career ahead of him if he gets the right agent and plays his cards right - regardless if he wins Idol or not. How hot does your Spyder get in 90 degree traffic? David

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
For the summer weather my Wife and I each have Joe Rocket and Olympian mesh armored jackets. Joe Rocket in Silver, for the Silver RT and Olympian in Hi-Viz for the 2wheelers.

Keeps both of us cool in the summer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Ladies,

Yes, Friends request went through just fine thank you for accepting.

I also was wandering the same thing. Girl it hot here too and I do never worn long sleeves jacket in the summer. Get this just last weekend they had this electronics sale at the convention center here. They had motorcycle stuff for cheap. They had body armor jackets with the inner part that comes out the outside is mesh. Its pink and black and I bought it. But it does not match my bike... gosh what was I thinking. I do not have any leathers chaps I need to get some.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hi dspyder,

I don't know about the ladies but I surely like to wear leather on body as protection. It becomes necessary when speed comes into play. :eek:
Wouldn't it be too hot to wear leather pants and vest. I remember buying a leather vest last October and I wore it during the day with this shear pink top and my gosh. The sweat was pouring down my back. Needless to day came night fall It was cool and the vest was perfect i was a passanger on hubby bike and froze my tail off riding back to the hotel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So if you happened to walk by this young lady who is obviously enjoying the beautful weather after a great ride... you'd ask her what tire pressures she runs while attacking the Dragon??? :D
hmm no.. I would be too intimidated too but the hubby might want to stop and ask.. lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Spidergirl,

I know what you mean, I want to be safe, but man leather is really hot. I guess I need to do some shopping for a light weight leather jacket with vents. I just bought a mesh bandana to wear under my helmet which I hope will help with tangles.

Hope you get to ride and enjoy the weekend, its still a little rainy here so I am going to wait a bit before I go out, but not too long or I will go crazy.

Any advise from experienced rider would be appreciated...

Dee

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
The Joe Rocket mesh jackets give great protection and are perfect for hot weather. In AR I would wear mine at 100 degrees/90% humidity with no issue. Mine is full mesh (like a fish-net stocking :) ) with elbow, shoulder, and even a spine pad. oh and its Red..... not that pesky hot black....

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Joe Rocket mesh jackets give great protection and are perfect for hot weather. In AR I would wear mine at 100 degrees/90% humidity with no issue. Mine is full mesh (like a fish-net stocking :) ) with elbow, shoulder, and even a spine pad. oh and its Red..... not that pesky hot black....
Where did you buy this jacket at? Is there a website what we can look at say possibly order one? I need the burnt orange color to match my bike.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi, Ladies! Glad to see you're thinking about safety.

My husband and I ride with helmet, jacket, gloves and boots all year long, and have gear for both cold temperatures and warm/hot - winter gear includes riding pants. My summer jacket is a mesh Joe Rocket jacket, with the protective pads. Believe it or not, its cooler to wear the jacket than not wearing one at all... the husband and I did a test at 95 degrees a couple of summers back. Rode one stretch of the ride with the jacket, and the next stretch without it. Went back to the jacket for the next and rest of the stretches of riding. The air goes right through it, the sun doesn't touch your skin which keeps you cooler, and bonus you don't get a sunburn.

Sometimes I've found that wearing the riding pants with the liner out is cooler than wearing jeans. They also unzip all the way from the ankle to the hip, so when you stop for a water break you can unzip and enjoy the benefit of fresh air on your legs... unlike jeans!

Gear is important regardless of the time of year. There's always the chance of inadvertent air time with an 'oof' landing at the end. Better to be protected than your last thought being you wish you were.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Where did you buy this jacket at? Is there a website what we can look at say possibly order one? I need the burnt orange color to match my bike.

I got it from a friend... but.... it is exactly like the INNER jacket of this style:

JoeRocket.com

I do not see just the inner jacket right now..... this one is close:

JoeRocket.com

This used one on EBay is just like mine:

Joe Rocket Ballistic Series mesh jacket Men?s Large | eBay

Here is one with more pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Joe-...QQitemZ180650078122QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

·
Registered
55 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts