Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Faulty Transmission in SE5 Automatic?

13K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  coxyg1 
#1 ·
Anyone else driving the 2008 SE5 having problems with the automatic downshifting skipping gears. Or even killing out in 1st? Anther issue on the E symbol displayed, where above the reading states Check Transmission.... we have one the when on an incline (hill) the bike WILL NOT engage into 1st or R on initial command. Sometimes after 3-4 try it will and sometime not at all?

Any one else having these problems?

#6 ·
Transmission Problems

Yes, BRP told my dealer that it was a solenoid problem and they are sending an updated version of what had been installed on my bike. I sure hope it works. My shifting problems got progressively worse until I got stranded on the highway! Very dangerous. It at that point would only go in R and wouldn't shift to anything else.

#7 ·
Yes, BRP told my dealer that it was a solenoid problem and they are sending an updated version of what had been installed on my bike. I sure hope it works. My shifting problems got progressively worse until I got stranded on the highway! Very dangerous. It at that point would only go in R and wouldn't shift to anything else.
Did you know that with the wrench in the tool kit there's a spot on the transmission that you can manually shift it into whatever gear you want?
Handy if you're far from help or stuck in a dangerous spot and need to just get it moved even if it is slowly in first or second gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.