Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen lots of titles for lights that are in addition to the main headlamps. For example:
  • Fog Lights
  • Spot Lights
  • Driving Lights
  • Running Light
  • Auxiliary Lights
So I choose not to narrow down my definition since I've purchased them for previous bikes under various names. My thought is that having more lights installed carries a key benefit of helping other drivers "spot" you coming. Therefore, any of the names are fine with me. 😁 But a $500+ pricetag I've found for some seems a bit stiff!

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

· Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,897 Posts
But a $500+ pricetag I've found for some seems a bit stiff!
IF.....you want something stock, you are going to have to pony up the cash.
And you should be able to depend on them working right.
You need to search for stock ones using the term that BRP uses for them.

After-market "driving lights" usually come on only with the high beams and you are on your own with getting them to work.

· Registered
2018 Can Am F 3 Limited 6 speed
203 Posts
That light
Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive design

Appears to be like my one.
On mine its a low beam light.
Mine had only one eye so I pulled the panels off and found it was like this .

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Insert H 7 lamp here.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle brake

Out here in NZ we have the separate high and low beam headlight it seems. Guessing you have the integrated hi/lo above these.

Getting to the light was simple enough and took me 10 minutes or so. I am waiting on a manual so I was running blind.
Opened the front bonnet and pulled the black panel under the lights. Pulled a few plastic push plugs and 4 or so T screws a side. Bit tricky lining things up putting it back together but take your time and you will see how it works with lining up the tabs.

Hope this helps in some way.

· Registered
128 Posts
My 2021 F3 limited came without the spotlights. Has anyone added these? I installation a reasonable amount of effort?
Also the cost looks a bit pricey from what I've seen.
You mean your F3 came without FOG lights. Check YouTube and you’ll find how to do it. Slingmods has nice ones as well as videos. Spyderpops. LaMonsterGarage has them as well. I have these from SlingMods. Can-Am Spyder F3 LED Fog Light / Arc Running Light Kit

I also use Denali DM lights mounted to the A arms in between the front and wheels. They have yellow lenses so drivers see me better.
Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SpyderPops had some I liked. But they were currently out of them. So I found the same ones someplace else (a bit more cost but not too bad). Install instructions look reasonable and similar to what Gerald Mac showed in his pictures.

My Tacoma fog lights only come on when low beams are on. I'm wondering if the default wiring is set up this way. But that's probably fine. I think daytime visibility is important and I run low beams during daytime any way.

I was sort of eyeing up the low mounted ones like in the picture Flamewinger showed, but in blue. But I wasn't sure about mounting them there where it would seem they bounce a lot? Or are they fairly steady?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive tire Vehicle

I mounted the fog lights today on my F3 Limited. Install was straight forward. Took me about 2 hours. (Meaning an experienced sypder mechanic could do it is less time.)
Bright fogs make the headlamps appear yellow. So, do I want to replace those now .... I dunno...
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Decided to upgrade the headlights since I thought it looked wrong to have white fog lights and the more yellowish headlights. This picture shows one LED headlight installed to compare with the factory headlight. I was unpleasantly surprised how much stuff you have to take off just to replace the headlight bulb!:confused:

· Premium Member
2020 F3Ltd
24 Posts
View attachment 6954
Decided to upgrade the headlights since I thought it looked wrong to have white fog lights and the more yellowish headlights. This picture shows one LED headlight installed to compare with the factory headlight. I was unpleasantly surprised how much stuff you have to take off just to replace the headlight bulb!:confused:
Can you show a photo from the other direction so that we can see the effect on the roadway, please?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts