Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a H-D Tri Glide and have been riding trikes for many years. Thinking about getting a second trike (something different). Found H-D Freewheeler a poor fit. About 2 - 4 inches too close to bars from as far as I could go back in seat.

Waiting for nearby dealer to put a F3 together so I can give it a test ride. Other than fancier gauge cluster which I like, what what make F3 S better? :unsure:

Resigned to giving of hand brake but I think I would prefer a manual since I am use to riding motorcycles with manuals. :unsure:

New F3, F3 S, and used F3 with manuals seem hard to find in East Tennessee.

Opinions requested.

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
Resigned to giving of hand brake but I think I would prefer a manual since I am use to riding motorcycles with manuals. :unsure:
I thought that too but could not have been more WRONG.

I love the paddle shifting....UP....and the option to let the computer do the shifting going DOWN.
This is after riding 2 wheels for about 50 years.

The dynamics of having 2 wheels up front is different.
It took me a LONG time to adjust but I had no 3 wheel experience at all.

If your test ride feels REALLY funny, having both designs in your stable at the same time might not be a good idea.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure. I started on a 2 wheeler and it was manual. I didn't know better. The paddle shift is actually semi-automatic. You have to paddle upshift. It just downshifts automatically for you. Maybe it is my imagination but the wife's 2012 had a harsher downshift than her 2018. IMO, I would prefer a harsher downshift to remind you that it is at the bottom of the gear selection when you are stopped? Regardless, when it comes to riding long stretches of road uninterrupted, I don't think it matters that much but for city driving, it is nicer to not have to keep going up and down and up and down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ride a H-D Tri Glide and have been riding trikes for many years. Thinking about getting a second trike (something different). Found H-D Freewheeler a poor fit. About 2 - 4 inches too close to bars from as far as I could go back in seat.

Waiting for nearby dealer to put a F3 together so I can give it a test ride. Other than fancier gauge cluster which I like, what what make F3 S better? :unsure:

New F3, F3 S, and used F3 with manuals seem hard to find in East Tennessee.

Opinions requested.
I agree with the manual choice. I recently went from 2 wheels to an RT auto. Did'nt care for it, bought a 20115 F 3 manual with low miles. All is good now. Good luck with your search.
BMWBob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I went 80 miles to the Chattanooga dealer to test drive a '21 F3-S SS. Bought it and drove it home. Decided the 2 yr warrenty and road side assistance help my final decision. 😃

·
Registered
44 Posts
I tried the used vehicle thing but I couldn't afford it. The resale was so high that for the warranty, I went new for the 2012. When I bought the 2019, same thing. The resale was so high, it wasn't worth it to save a few bucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts