Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been all over the forum seeking answers to my questions as a new Spyder owner and I saw one photo of a fellow with a Spyder that had an after-market windshield that was significantly taller than other windshields that I've seen and it had a bit of a forward curve at the top.

I'm still getting pretty beaten up by the wind with my Can-Am RS Touring Windshield. I ride for ten to twelve hours a day and multi-state so wind hammering is something I'd like to avoid as much as possible.

Also, having just purchased 4-1/2" risers, I'll be sitting even taller so added windshield height would be a real plus.

Anyone know who makes that, what the price is, and whether or not it's worth the money?

Thank you!

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Martin, that's a cool concept. I've just opened the link and will now invest some time learning more about Mark's shields. Not as tall as I'd like (the Can-Am touring shield is supposedly 25") but perhaps the adjustability will nullify the need for height - which I'm not excited about anyway since I like to look over the top of the plexiglass. I'll give her a look. Thanks much!

Oh, and I hope you check this out because I'm intrigued with all of the electronics and accessories I see on your machine and I'm wondering what you've installed and are using, if you don't mind sharing.

For example...

1. You appear to have the same (or similar) risers as those that I just ordered so you've confirmed that my purchase was valuable <grin>.

2. I want to mount my Garmin Nuvi and it looks like you have a GPS mounted vertically just behind your windshield, right? What mount did you use and what was the cost, please?

3. I see highway pegs/boards, don't I, just under the large side air scoop? I sat my rig and stretched my legs out to see if I wanted to try to get something like that but the splits were excruciating given the width of the plastic molding. How do you manage the splits? Or do you just stretch out one leg at a time?

4. Radar detector on the left handlebar, right? What's that on the right grip?

5. I love the spider decal on the hood. Where'd you get that, please?

Anyway, well done on your rig. Looks fancy and comfortable and that's the key to long-distance riding, which you obviously do (as do I).

Great "talking" with ya!

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Martin...

Just bought the DIY Madstad kit. Principles behind the design seem sound. Price is a bit more than I'd have liked but, if it really does cut the turbulance, it'll be worth it. And I can use my existing 25" BRP touring shield. Thanks again for the heads-up!

· Registered
36 Posts
Martin, that's a cool concept. I've just opened the link and will now invest some time learning more about Mark's shields. Not as tall as I'd like (the Can-Am touring shield is supposedly 25") but perhaps the adjustability will nullify the need for height - which I'm not excited about anyway since I like to look over the top of the plexiglass. I'll give her a look. Thanks much!

Oh, and I hope you check this out because I'm intrigued with all of the electronics and accessories I see on your machine and I'm wondering what you've installed and are using, if you don't mind sharing.

For example...

1. You appear to have the same (or similar) risers as those that I just ordered so you've confirmed that my purchase was valuable <grin>.

2. I want to mount my Garmin Nuvi and it looks like you have a GPS mounted vertically just behind your windshield, right? What mount did you use and what was the cost, please?

3. I see highway pegs/boards, don't I, just under the large side air scoop? I sat my rig and stretched my legs out to see if I wanted to try to get something like that but the splits were excruciating given the width of the plastic molding. How do you manage the splits? Or do you just stretch out one leg at a time?

4. Radar detector on the left handlebar, right? What's that on the right grip?

5. I love the spider decal on the hood. Where'd you get that, please?

Anyway, well done on your rig. Looks fancy and comfortable and that's the key to long-distance riding, which you obviously do (as do I).

Great "talking" with ya!
Sorry but that shot is from Marks website - its not my Spyder.
Mine is as below using a 22"screen.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks really classy, Martin! We must have similar taste in that I see you have some of the accessories that I have ordered/installed. And I love the silver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.