Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
xtended warranty

I did not purchase it until later and it cost me 1100 dollars :eek: instead of the 800 original quote. Wife and I are going to CA this summer from MN and I don't want to have to pay exuberant prices if something goes out. After all I have already had two recalls and a shock absorber that went out. We have a 2010 RT SE5.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a 2009 rs and my extened warranty was $395.00 and it is for 2 years past the orignal warranty that comes with the bike. these are one of the things that you can haggle with the dealer

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you do decide to buy one get the warranty from brp not one from a specific dealer as you will only be able to go to that dealer. The dealers have both but will push theirs to get the work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Definitely!!! In fact, several charge card corporations already offer free extended warranties on your purchases. This gives you the chance to extend the warranty without extending your wallet.

"Would you like to purchase an extended security plan?" is something you'll likely notice when making virtually any major purchase. Extended warranties are essentially short-term insurance on your purchases. More often than not, they themselves are very expensive. But here's now the new catch: extended warranties don't really need to burn an opening with your pocket book.
:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think that the value of purchasing an extended warranty depends on at least 2 factors.

1.) how many miles to you plan to ride in the warranty period? Is there enough risk to offset the price of the warrant?

2.) Do you plan on keeping the bike for the duration of the extended warranty? If you buy the extended warranty and sell the bike before the warranty runs out, you probably will not get much resale value on the warranty.

Remember, that the warranty company is counting on the gamble that you will sell your bike or not ride it enough to have significant warranty issues to make a profit.

But the peace of mind of having a warranty is sure nice! I'm thinking of extending my warranty as the factory warranty gets closer to the expiration date.

Also, don't be afraid of negotiating the price of the warranty. Most dealers will deal on the price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a question about extended warranties. What warrenty are you buying? Is it BRP's or another company's?
I have gotten quotes from both and some say that BRP is hard to get on the line sometimes.
What can you Spyder Riders tell me.
Richard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts