Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a feeler to see if there are any interests in an aftermarket exhaust slip-on. A Can Am dealer and I have come up with a way to mount different exhaust pipes up to the Spyder. Yoshimura, two brothers, micron, etc... We expect the price to start at $450 for a yoshimura stainless can with our slip on mid pipe.

There are a few options from yoshimura. RS-3 and Tri-Oval cans, carbon fiber, titanium and stainless.
Stainless in both can types will be $450
Titanium $525
Carbon $575.

Two-Brothers have 5 pipes.

M-2 (width 3.75", Height 4.85")
Stainless ($535)
Carbon & Titanium ($625)

M-5 (width 4.00", height 5.375")
Stainless ($535)
Carbon & Titanium ($625)
If you think you might be interested, please let me know. We're trying to figure out if it's worth us to make.

Two Brothers Carbon Pipe with CMW Mid Pipe

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M4TM0Iikb3g

Yoshimura Stainless Tri-Oval with CMW Mid Pipe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkKMzXeUltI

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More Exhaust Options

All the mufflers utilize CMW Mid Pipe

Two Bros Carbon

Scorpion Stainless

Scorpion Carbon

Micron Aluminum Fade Black/Silver

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys&gals.

When I took my spyder in for it's first service I noticed several spyder's that had Yoshimura exhaust on them. I talked to the service writer about them and he told me that there was a recall on the stock muffler because it would turn white from excess heat. He looked at my bike and said it qualifed. End
result is that I got a new Yoshimura carbon fiber muffler at no charge. I'm a happy camper. It sounds good without being too loud

bob

·
Registered
65 Posts
Will a change to a lower back pressure or different muffler mess up the computer on this bike? I would think something would have to be done there for emmissions too? Burned valves or some such thing would evolve I would think. Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Spyder runs great with the after market exhaust, the computer seems to have no problem with it. It was installed by my can am dealer, Ridenow-Chandler Az., so I'm sure any problem would be handled under warranty.

bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
BRP instructions for installing other mufflers, on first start up let the bike idle for 15 min. then turn off and cool for 15 minutes - then good to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you get the yoshi option produced? I'sm trying to find a CF one but am having trouble.

Thanks

Brian
bmikiten at idworld dot net

1 - 9 of 9 Posts