Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an error code list anywhere in this forum? I figured for sure that there'd be a sticky list, but I can't seem to find one.

I've got 3 error codes on my Spyder. I found (more or less) what they mean via Google, but maybe someone would like to start a sticky for newbies such as me.

C0051
Error in DPS Module
SAS Adaptive Fault. Error in VCM Module
Steering Wheel Position Sensor Failure

P2545
VSS Light ON
VSS CAN message missing
VSS plausibility error
VCM internal counter error
VSS message counter error
VCM internal error
Damaged circuit wires
Check for VCM fault

U0122
DPS - VCM Communication Fault - Damaged circuit wires, damaged VCM or damaged DPS/VCM pins

Also, is there any way for me to clear these errors?

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
you can buy a online manual that has all the error codes

and nope you can't clear them yourself

they either go away because the issue is gone or your dealer will see what they are and if they need to be repaired or not

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good side is, they've cleared themselves.

Median side is, I'm getting rid of the trike. Put it on Kijiji today. I won't keep a machine I can't trust, and since mid-September I can't trust this Spyder.

Bad side is, if they don't clear themselves, I have no way of clearing them short of renting a truck, renting a trailer, and hauling the trike 3 hours north to Red Deer. BRP told me there's a dealer there that can service it. Obviously, this is another reason to sell the trike.

Do you know how hard it is to get rid of something when you have to tell the truth about it's condition? It's a pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts