Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I hated to have to do it, I just traded my spyder for a vulcan. I have been paying for my bike and the service department has seen more of my bike than I have. They and I mean BRP can not get the electrical system right. The darn thing keeps shutting me down in the middle of traffic. that is very dangerous. I can be on new road, no bumps, and I stop at a red light and the thing just shuts off , or I can be moving down the road and same thing, just shuts off.

They have replaced and replace everything, the DPS has been done 2 times. still I have the same problem. they and again I mean brp, can't seem to get it right.

the dealership has been great. I could not have ask for a better service manager. I sent brp a letter all about it , gave them the name of the dealership, and what did I get back, an email asking ME to call the dealership and finding out what they did to my spyder and then having ME put it on the form and sending it to BRP. All they had to do was call the dealership and they could have talked to the guy that worked on it.

Who knows, maybe in a few years they will get it right!

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
sorry to hear about your issues

the shutting down has been an issues, but there has been some fixes (bulletins) by Burp that seems to have fixed the problems for most

haver fun falling over ** grins **

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble with yours, Pink. At least you're back on wheels, that's the important part!! Ride safe!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I am going to miss her. But when the service manager looks at me and says "walkaway' that tells me something. If only BRP would stand behind their product. When you ride and you are always watching the dash to see if the faults and or the temp is on or up, it kind of takes the fun away, and stopping on the highway with traffic behind you is no fun,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts