Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. My lady is the owner of a 2009 Spyder RS. She took it new off the floor. Has had all recall and TSB work done. has less then 5,000 miles on it and has already started buying all the goodies for it. I just jumped on her Spyder and took it for a ride. I have found that at certain speeds there seems to be a low end rumble/vibration at the start of 4th and 5 gears. This goes away with the increase of speed but being a Goldwing rider with 247,000 miles in the seat Im not sure if this is a normal noise/rumble/vibration for this unit. It almost sounds like the crank is out of balance during a set speed and plays catch up with the rest of the engine and or the computer is not responding fast enough to the throttle? Not knowing this unit it scares me to have her out there on it.. She took it to the dealer at my request and they say its normal.. I say hog wash and look to those that know.. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I sure don't mean to sound as if I'm dismissing your concerns, but you're coming off of a 'Wing... They are by far (IMHO), the best bike on the Planet for heading in any direction until you run out of road and bump into an ocean. I've noticed the rumbling that you've described and it sure seems to just be a normal part of a V-Twin engine's dance... Let some more time and miles prove to you that the bike is just doing its thing and there's nothing to worry about.
(Which year 'Wing do you have?)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input on this. I have a 1999 GL 1500 SE Wing. She still runs well with no major issues as of yet. I travel coast to coast with her and have ran out of road from time to time. I will give the Spyder a few more 1,000 miles and see what becomes.. Is there anything else that you can fill us in on with this machine that we should watch for or know about?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I'm also a relative "newbie" on these tripods, so I'm still on the steep part of the learning curve too... I've spent a major portion of my life on two wheels and have only made the switch due to the accumulation of age and health issues. I haven't regretted a second of it so far! :D

(I had an '83 1100 Interstate. That's the bike that taught me that when it comes to accessorizing; Too much isn't nearly enough!);)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My lady is on the short side and doesn't stradle a wing well enough to keep her up. So she got the Spyder.. she rides well with no upright issues if you know what I mean. My first wing was a 1984 Aspencade.. the Speedo broke just after 310,000 and I didn't want to pay the $$$ so I just drove her until she lost compression enough that I had to have her rebuilt...which I didn't. Then mileage on her was unknown when I traded her in.. Picked this one up off the floor as a demo unit. been on her ever since.. I'm looking at the new ones now but I'm not liking the styling of them and the crampyness.. They seem smaller then the older wings.. Thanks for the info on her Spyder... Ride safe...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts