Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
While it certainly does not sound healthy, it could be as simple as a leaking exhaust gasket or a more serious engine issue.

Better have the dealer take a look at it.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
when I hear a knocking sound it's usually my head hitting something on the bike

hehe

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oooo ! that sounds nasty , think you might need a dealer to check it over .
You got plenty of oil in the engine ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
im having a issue with my can am spyder when i crank the engine is making a loud knocking sound.

http://youtu.be/yvvlr5EzptU
Exhaust leak. Most likely where the y pipe connects to the header pipes, under the gas tank. Pull the side panels, it will be obvious. You will need new gaskets.

It could also be where the header pipes bolt to the engine, either front or rear, or an o2 sensor backed out or stripped out. These are less likely but possible. Need to take panels off and look.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this an old thread but I have a similar noise only at start up but hear a tapping around the rear cylinder head. It only does it when the engine is cold. If I shut it down and start it up it only makes the ticking noise. Here is a video noise after start up

·
Super Moderator
'17 RT Limited
1,253 Posts
The video did not work for me.
First, the screen opened with your video hidden off the top of the screen.
When I figured that out, all it did was display a spinning circle, seemingly forever.

Then.....diagnosing a noise like that with a video is almost NEVER worth the time and trouble to guess.
A shop visit will likely be required.
Or maybe a visit from a friend who has some engine experience.

Have you checked your oil level lately ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts