Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of turning off the engine to pop the trunk and want to do the actuator mod. Does anybody have any information or wiring diagrams on where they wired this mod to for power.

I understand the concept but want more clarification on exact wiring with momentary switch. Any details/pictures would be extremely helpful.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hot ONLY when the key is on. Can show me where and how to hook the actuator up? Is it as simple as a fuse tap? If so which fuse....... so on. Pictures would be great showing where the positive and negative.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really a simple concept. Ground. Tap positive into switched power. Hook up actuator to trunk release.

I just want to see the hook-up to know which wires/fuse to tap and how to tap properly.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
my baby has it standard

I keep forgetting about it though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen that they have it . However, I have the $6 actuator, $3 switch and I already have the $1 spring. All I need now is to make sure that it's wired safely. I've seen a space for switched accessories in the fuse box.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Bob. The fuse tap method seems less invasive. I'm not real comfortable cutting wires or tapping into lines. Somebody must have a picture of their fuse box with the wire attached. I'm almost 100% sure that this is how I will connect it, but want confirmation it is correct.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the approach I am going to take is to fuse tap the empty fuse location for switched accessories un the trunk. My understanding is that it will also "activate" power to the 12v plug (wherever that is) when I add the fuse to the location. I haven't attempted to find the plug yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts