Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around this site and I'm looking forward to joining in here and learning about the new machine I'm picking up tomorrow. A left over 2010 SM5 RS.

I have not been able to find an existing thread regarding available electrical power on the RS. I see in the specs it has 500W output, but not sure how much of that the system uses as a baseline. Does anyone know how much power is available to run optional electrical equipment?

In the winter it is common for me to run heated grips and/or heated gloves and a heated vest. I'm wondering if there is enough excess power to allow me to do the same on the Spyder.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Good questions... Since I've got an RT with heated grips and have never needed to use a vest or gloves I've got no answers... Id suggest that you see how much amperage these accessories pull and then see what you have available on the RS model. I think that I read once that the 12 volt plug on them is hooked to a 3 amp fuse... (The RTS hide behind a 10 amp one...)
It's time for some Math homework! :eek: Good luck! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts