Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

Ebay prices for Spyders

25K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Bob Denman 
#1 ·
I have seen some prices in the $10K for bids (reserve not met) in auctions, and some asking fool retail for a used Spyder. I'm gonna watch and see where these go.

#2 ·
Yeah, most have the reserve price at or around full retail - with the starting bid just being an interest getter. There isn't a large amount of used spyders at this point so they hold their value - especially since most for sale are low mileage from people who didn't know what they were buying and no one is selling spyders at dealerships below msrp. The thing you save with the used buying at msrp is the setup/delivery/misc. costs. The trade off for a few miles (most I have seen have less than 1500 miles.

#3 ·
Yepper,,, you are most correct, at least here in Florida.
I was lucky and acquired a used, at 643 miles, and still 20 months left on Factory warranty. I saved in the inbound shipping, dealer setup which is charged on all new Spyders, and I didn't have to pay the Color Upgrade to Yellow..However, I purchased the additional two years of extended warranty as well as the tire/rim road protection. That may not be needed for young peeps, but when you are 76 you need a little more help..... :)

#5 ·
NADA price for a used spyder is set at $14,999. The fact that they keep knocking back delivery dates and the dealers adding on extra cost makes them scarce and rides the prices up. Some dealers I talked to before I got mine frankly told me off the record they are tired of excuses and want bikes to sell. Many are indeed selling off their demos because they don't want to be stuck with them all winter. They just had a big dealer meeting last week in Texas to try and resolve some of the problems they are encountering getting them out there. I believe BRP told the dealers they are now allowed to sell the demos without a time limit. Nice timing as the riding season is fast coming to an end in the north and I feel most dealers would have sold them anyway to avoid paying for them all winter. I wonder if they have a turn back bonus system with the Spyder for the dealers? Lots of problems geting them, high gas prices making them look attractive (although mine is not getting 30MPG!), and the company not getting them out there is making them like the forbiden fruit and everyone wants one. By design? No one will ever really know I would guess. Bill ELT;)

#6 ·
i bought 1 with only 100 miles for 14k from a private party. it also came with a 5 yrs extended warranty, and a touring windshield. i was very eager to buy one, but i am glad i waited and shopped around. dealers around here wants at least 18k otd for a manual, luckily i got the semi-auto.

#7 ·
You did Good!

As we head into winter, it looks like the north is serving up some deals before the snow flies:

This one went for $14,100:

Brand New 2008 Can-Am Spyder GS Roadster Motorcycle
Vehicle Description

Brand New Can-Am Spyder Roadster with less than 2 miles on th Odometer! Original owner of vehicle This is a Premiere Edition Roadster #1197!

Extras include:

* 6-spoke custom wheel kit
* silver wheel trim kit
* red caliper trim kit
* black side panel trim kit
* fog lights

This one for $13,700

2008 Can Am Spyder -- Only 345 Miles-- SAVE $$$$$$
Vehicle Description

I purchased this Spyder new this summer. It has only been on country roads early in the mornings.

Still under full factory warranty and only 345 miles on the bike.

This Can Am Spyder is in perfect condition.

If you are looking for a new Can Am this is the one for you to save $ over New.

The bike does have the optional handlebar riser that gives you a more comfortable riding position for people over 5'10.

Please call with any questions but it is like new and in perfect condition.

#12 ·
dealer in Geenvile TX:) has two 08 demos for sale black for 9900 and silver with wheels and hinkle exhaust for 10500 .
Now certainly seems like a good time to buy, many may be upgrading to the RT too....... I just checked out cycletrader.com and saw several new '09's in the mid 13's and was surprised to see over 600 Spyders for sale!

This one was $9899 (pretty high for a salvage title!)

Munford, AL

2008 CAN-AM SPYDER, Yellow,THIS MOTORCYCLE IS A2008 CAN-AM SPYDER WITH8899.0 MILES. THIS MOTORCYCLE HAS AGEORGIA SALVAGE TITLE, IF…
Dealer:
Motorcycle Sports Inc
# (866) 405-4555
Email Seller

Not sure if this is the dealer you are referring to, but saw these for $10,500:

Greenville, TX
2008 Can-Am Spyder GS (SM5), Demo Model - Discover the Y-Factor Can-Am Spyder roadster: the next dimension in open-road riding. T…
Dealer:
Louis Powersports
# (877) 351-4515
Email Seller

#13 ·
Price for 2009

I purchased my 2009 Spyder from a Dealer for $13,400 in September of last year. It had 1500 miles on it (it was their demo SM5 model). It had a new factory warranty. I have since put about 1500 more miles on it and I have a commitment from a dude to purchase it for $11,000 when my new 2010 RT comes in. I thing we all made out on this one:)

#17 ·
Maybe things are changing just a little bit...
July, 2010... I picked up my RT A&C for $1300 off of retail, and the dealer gave me $1500 OVER book on the ATV that I traded in. :)
It could have been because it's the end of the model year time and they're making room for the September orders...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.