Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the 2011 Spyder RT-s. After the first 100 miles I'm looking for information on any aftermarket drivers back rest. Corbin has one, but you have to buy a new complete seat and add the back rest option. I've not found any of the seat manufactures that makes or adds-on a drivers back rest. My dealer's parts people are calling BRP but not heard back yet. Anyone know of a seat or modifcation to the OEM seat for adding a drivers back rest?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I just purchased the 2011 Spyder RT-s. After the first 100 miles I'm looking for information on any aftermarket drivers back rest. Corbin has one, but you have to buy a new complete seat and add the back rest option. I've not found any of the seat manufactures that makes or adds-on a drivers back rest. My dealer's parts people are calling BRP but not heard back yet. Anyone know of a seat or modification to the OEM seat for adding a drivers back rest?
Nothing for the OEM seat, but the Corbin Seat can be ordered with a drivers backrest: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Can-Am Spyder | 800-538-7035

·
Registered
4 Posts
backrest

Utopa makes a back rest for the RT and uses stock seat. very comfortable from what I hear. Have not tried one myself. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
backrest

Utopia makes a back rest for the RT and uses stock seat. very comfortable from what I hear. Have not tried one myself. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Buy the Corbin saddle with a back rest which you can move from the passenger seat to driver seat very easily. Superior than than the stock seat and much better than the BRP comfort seat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the Utopia backrest and it is great...very adjustable. I like it.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Ultimate Seats also has a seat/backrest combo, and Big Bike Parts has a backrest that fits the stock seat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Utopia!

Is also a Fun little adventure on TV... ;-)

Getting more interesting as time goes on...

Chas

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wouldn't help my back much, presently

With the forward leaning posture I ryde my RS-S Spyder in, having a backrest wouldn't be of much assistance in my comfort.
Except when stopped at traffic lights and stop sign intersections...

Perhaps if I was ever to change the stock seat out, or upgrade to an ST-S, then a back rest, would definitely be an option, with attraction.

Chas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts