Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2009 Spyder, I bought it used from a local Can Am dealer. The bike had 3000 miles. A month after the purchase I started getting the Limp Home Check DPS Code. I took the bike in for an oil change and they removed the DPS codes. The bike run very well for about 3 days. Then I started receiving the Check DPS code with out the limp home part. This wont reset and the steering is now very hard. BRP checked and stated that the DPS unit had been replaced in 2010. I am trying to find out if this has happened to anybody else???. Should this be part of the recall???? I get no clear answer from BRP. Any help will be welcomed. I am afraid to drive the Spyder in this condition.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I got DPS errors that triggered the limp home mode. The DPS seemed to be working and the dealer did not find any codes. When I increased the air pressure in the front tires from 14 and 14.5 to 18, the errors went away.

But if your steering is now hard, that truly sounds like some soft of failure in the DPS, a loose connector or something that will probably require further research.

My experience with BRP is that if the warranty is still good, they will cover the parts and labor, but not towing if the bike is not rideable (I had to foot a $325 tow for my breakdown). BRP does offer a B.E.S.T. extended warranty that does offer some towing (limit of $200 per incident).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check Engine Code

Hello,

I'm new to the Spyder, I bought a used 09 RS. I'm now getting "Check Engine' codes albeit the bike seems to be running fine. When occurs I pull over and shut it down, (as per the manual take the key out) re start and go until it occurs again. Just wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
This thread is 8 years old.
The participants might not be around anymore.
See my reply in the other thread you started.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Je possède un Spyder 2009, je l'ai acheté d'occasion chez un concessionnaire Can Am local. Le vélo avait 3000 miles. Un mois après l'achat, j'ai commencé à recevoir le code DPS Limp Home Check. J'ai pris le vélo pour un changement d'huile et ils ont supprimé les codes DPS. Le vélo a très bien fonctionné pendant environ 3 jours. Ensuite, j'ai commencé à recevoir le code Check DPS sans la partie d'origine molle. Cela ne se réinitialisera pas et la direction est maintenant très dure. BRP a vérifié et déclaré que l'unité DPS avait été remplacée en 2010. J'essaie de savoir si cela est arrivé à quelqu'un d'autre ???. Cela devrait-il faire partie du rappel ???? Je n'obtiens aucune réponse claire de BRP. Toute aide sera la bienvenue. J'ai peur de conduire le Spyder dans ces conditions.
jai le meme proble jai un spyder 2009 depuis lannee passer jai commmencer a avoir des message de check dps jai lai emporter chez le concessionnaire et il trouve pas le probleme moi rendu en haut de 80km / h il se met en protection et descendent en bas de 80 km / h je sais plus koi faire.

Moderators note:
Posts in English only, please.
Since you have the capability to convert the quote to French, you should be able to translate your reply back the other way too.

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
Moderators note:
Posts in English only, please.
Since you have the capability to convert the quote to French, you should be able to translate your reply back the other way too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts