Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the DMV riders skill test is like in Virginia?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry... I haven't a clue, but I bet that you can get a lot of information from Virginia's DMV website...
I did go to the site and I downloaded the pdf's showing the skills tested for a motorcycle. There is a guy that my husband works with that told him him that Trikes basically have to accelerate to least 30 MPH and then have an emergency stop. This does not seem like a very hard or good test, so I just wanted confirmation that it is true.

I have only been riding for 6 days now and even I can get up to 30 and then stop. Just trying to judge my possibility of failure. :D

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Just do your bit with ryding and developing your skills and you'll have no trouble at all with whatever they throw at you! :D
Confidence is perhaps the biggest wildcard in test-taking... Go into it knowing that you're a safe and skilled rider, and that alone is about 90% of the battle. Can you call a local DMV office and ask them what is specifically included in the testing process? They nay not give you specifics, but if they can allay your fears...:cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8 Posts
On 2 wheels it is difficult depending on your skills.......I hadn't been on 2 wheels for 31 yrs and the only problem I had was slow speed turning. The rest was fun....My friend did theirs on a Can Am and it was a breeze, steering a bit more difficult in sharp turns but do-able. Go to a local Community College, pay $125 for the 1 credit course, it is 1 night of classwork and 2 days of practicals, small 2 wheelers if you are not on a trike, different class but ok. Do Not go to DMV, they have freaking idea how to train properly and administer a test....use the community college route.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In Georgia this crabby old woman took me out to the parking lot and had me weave around some cones she set out. She actually smiled when it was over and she told me to go inside and get my license. It was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I agree with namvet. A good riding course will teach you how to ride safely as well as pass the test.

On a motorcycle you have to always remember that even if you have the right of way, if someone else does something stupid, it will hurt you a lot more than the stupid person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts