Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...here's the deal. I lost the one key I had for my Spyder. Slim chance my girlfriend put it in the trunk and closed it, but not sure.

Here are my questions....

1. Any way to get into that trunk without a key??

2. Cost of new keys....are we talking new ignition?? Anyone been through this to fill me in??

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well with a RS it could very well be locked in the trunk :( I almost did that with mine (thank goodness I didn't close it hard enough to latch, because the minute I shut it I knew the key was in there) I do have 2 keys however my husband was not home so I would have had to have someone get me home to get the spare key then back to the bike to ride it home!!! Hmmmm maybe it would be better if the RSS did have to lock the trunk by the key... then we couldn't lock those darn keys in the trunk:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oooppps that is too funny!! I never hear it called a Frunk I just assumed the front trunk (or Frunk as you called it) because that's all my RSS has .... hummm forgot the RT's have a front and back trunk. I wonder which one he means ?????

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
A locksmith may be able to get you into it without the key, but not finding it in there wouldn't help you ride it. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts