Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as a newbie to both the Spyder line and this community, I've been researching for all the info I can get to help me in the purchase of a new 2020 or 2021 Spyder RT Limited Chrome Edition (color undecided). Being 73 yrs old and a dedicated HD rider who now needs 3 wheels, I am ready for the transition rather than giving up riding all together. That being said and money tight, I had my sights set on the 2020 model due to the $2000 rebate; however to my suprise, every dealer I've contacted has told me there are no longer any 2020 models available nor is BRP shipping any. I've contacted Can-Am customer care who confirmed the same; he said the company was apologetic but they sold out due to pandemic even though the rebate is valid till April 30th. (Pretty Disappointing - should be canceling the rebate offer then). To make matters worse, the dealers I contacted (5 closest to me) all had 0-1 in stock with some coming in which were already sold. Asking if I could order one, I was told (I couldn't) dealers simply rely on BRP to send them what they have and it's pot luck what comes in and I should call on a regular basis to check status. Heck I don't even know what color I desire because I haven't seen one other than on the computer ~ at almost $30,000 I think I should have that option to view it before laying out any cash. I did speak to BRP about this as well and was told that because of the pandemic Spyders have been selling like crazy and production has been limited, they hope to get caught up again soon. Meanwhile people seeking to save advertised $2000 rebate are SOL, customers seeking to purchase a new RT Limited Chrome are hit/miss with availability especially if they are undecided about color choice. FYI - some dealers do have the Sea-to-Sky models looks pretty but who the hell can afford that. Final note - seems to me that the box marked "Request A Quote" on the Can-Am Web-Site is just a ploy because if dealers lack product availability, those dealers lucky enough to carry one or two models will most likely only accept the MSRP pricing listed as their selling price and thus forgo any other negotiable quote.

·
Super Moderator
809 Posts
Do you feel better now after that tirade ?? :oops:
I hope so because it certainly didn't accomplish anything else useful.

The situation is what it IS.......and no amount of complaining will change it.
Similar problems exist with short supply of all kinds of things right now.

What you CAN do is change your expectations just a bit.
A good used Spyder can save you thousands of dollars more than the rebate on last years models.

Your time and energy would be better spent in searching the used market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been searching the used market as well, pricing especially for 2017 model RT Limiteds are in the $30,049 class according to Cycle Trader (couldn't believe it - not just one dealer but many); likewise '15 / '16 are going almost as high. Only considering a 3 cyl. so will keep looking. PS - you're absolutely right, blowing off steam doesn't solve the problem but it still pissed me off that the advertisement for the rebate is still being published - kinda false advertisement. Guess somewhere ther is maybe 1 available so as to keep Can-Am out of hot water but who knows. Thx for the come-back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Papa,
I'm a double newbie as well (Spyders and this forum) I ran into the same issue you are finding this past weekend, I had been calling local dealers to me for a week looking for a NEW 2020 RT Limited (I prefer the the chaulk color) after not having much luck, (one dealer even laughed!) I went to a LARGE Spyder dealer about 2 hours north of me (I am in central VA) because based on their website, they had 3 used 2020 RT Limited, a chaulk, Petrol and Metallic Grey. When I arrived I was informed by the sales guy that their website was not in "Synch" with what they have on their showroom due to fact that the Spyders are "flying out the door" needless to say I was not really happy but then as I looked around, noticed they had a lot of 2019 and older used Spyders, apparently from those owner trading them in on the newer models.
So don't give up your search, keep checking the individual dealer websites and if you find one that has a 2021 you want to look at, my suggestion is to call them to confirm they have it and then go there FAST to see it!

In the 3 hours I spent at this dealer, looking at their showroom, asking the sales and parts guys questions and finally test riding a 2021 F3 and RT Limited, I noticed they sold 4 bikes, including 1 of the 2 Sea to Sky models they had (the other was still in the packing crate but the sales guy said it would probably be sold before they even assembled it!)

They are hot commodities in deed!

Diesel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Papa,
I'm a double newbie as well (Spyders and this forum) I ran into the same issue you are finding this past weekend, I had been calling local dealers to me for a week looking for a NEW 2020 RT Limited (I prefer the the chaulk color) after not having much luck, (one dealer even laughed!) I went to a LARGE Spyder dealer about 2 hours north of me (I am in central VA) because based on their website, they had 3 used 2020 RT Limited, a chaulk, Petrol and Metallic Grey. When I arrived I was informed by the sales guy that their website was not in "Synch" with what they have on their showroom due to fact that the Spyders are "flying out the door" needless to say I was not really happy but then as I looked around, noticed they had a lot of 2019 and older used Spyders, apparently from those owner trading them in on the newer models.
So don't give up your search, keep checking the individual dealer websites and if you find one that has a 2021 you want to look at, my suggestion is to call them to confirm they have it and then go there FAST to see it!

In the 3 hours I spent at this dealer, looking at their showroom, asking the sales and parts guys questions and finally test riding a 2021 F3 and RT Limited, I noticed they sold 4 bikes, including 1 of the 2 Sea to Sky models they had (the other was still in the packing crate but the sales guy said it would probably be sold before they even assembled it!)

They are hot commodities in deed!

Diesel
Thx Diesel, if I didn't experience it directly I wouldn't have believed it. Glad to here someone else vouched for me and my experience. Thx Buddy, Safe Rydin ~ Stay Well & Healthy !!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, as a newbie to both the Spyder line and this community, I've been researching for all the info I can get to help me in the purchase of a new 2020 or 2021 Spyder RT Limited Chrome Edition (color undecided). Being 73 yrs old and a dedicated HD rider who now needs 3 wheels, I am ready for the transition rather than giving up riding all together. That being said and money tight, I had my sights set on the 2020 model due to the $2000 rebate; however to my suprise, every dealer I've contacted has told me there are no longer any 2020 models available nor is BRP shipping any. I've contacted Can-Am customer care who confirmed the same; he said the company was apologetic but they sold out due to pandemic even though the rebate is valid till April 30th. (Pretty Disappointing - should be canceling the rebate offer then). To make matters worse, the dealers I contacted (5 closest to me) all had 0-1 in stock with some coming in which were already sold. Asking if I could order one, I was told (I couldn't) dealers simply rely on BRP to send them what they have and it's pot luck what comes in and I should call on a regular basis to check status. Heck I don't even know what color I desire because I haven't seen one other than on the computer ~ at almost $30,000 I think I should have that option to view it before laying out any cash. I did speak to BRP about this as well and was told that because of the pandemic Spyders have been selling like crazy and production has been limited, they hope to get caught up again soon. Meanwhile people seeking to save advertised $2000 rebate are SOL, customers seeking to purchase a new RT Limited Chrome are hit/miss with availability especially if they are undecided about color choice. FYI - some dealers do have the Sea-to-Sky models looks pretty but who the hell can afford that. Final note - seems to me that the box marked "Request A Quote" on the Can-Am Web-Site is just a ploy because if dealers lack product availability, those dealers lucky enough to carry one or two models will most likely only accept the MSRP pricing listed as their selling price and thus forgo any other negotiable quote.
You should try Imotorsports in Illinois

·
Registered
20 Posts
As jbauto3 stated contact Imotorsports they have 2020's in stock and provide free delivery. If you go to Spyderlovers.com and search for posts on Imotorsports you will find they have a good reputation. Their website is www.imotorsportsinc.com.
Good Luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts