Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for advise to ease pressure checking and airing the rear tire on our 2011 RT. I have 6 tire gauges of different configuration and the only one I can seat on the valve stem has a flexible hose. Getting an air chuck connected is equally difficult. I'm thinking of trying an angled extention. I searched the forum and didn't find any mention of this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While your at it throw in a few wacks for the involved oil level check process and adding coolant.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've had the best luck with the pressure gauge in the tool set. A real pain to get at, but seems to fit well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use a 14" truck inflator available at Amazon [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Tool-Aid-65130-Truck-Inflator/dp/B007IXRKVY]Amazon.com : S & G Tool Aid 65130 Truck Tire Inflator With Dial Gauge : Audio Video Accessories Parts : Electronics[/ame] about $40; although I bought mine for considerably less at Harbor Freight or some similar place. The trick is the straight-through inflator chuck. One could be fabricated from a straight through 8"er and a length of appropriately sized threaded pipe.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a foot pump (available at Walmart) with round analog gauge/dial and a flexible hose. I place it on the floor on the exhaust side and run the hose thru to the wheel to the valve on the opposite side.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are some right angle valve stems that can be placed in motorcycle rims, saves the hell out of the hands, will the rear wheel take one of these??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have always found the readings on those Harbor Freight tire gauges to unreliable. I have 2 of them & both read higher than my old fashioned "pencil" gauge.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have always found the readings on those Harbor Freight tire gauges to unreliable. I have 2 of them & both read higher than my old fashioned "pencil" gauge.
Mine works fine. I've checked it with a digital and a "pencil" gauges. I also like it because it has a button to release air, which make it easy to back off higher readings while reading the gauge.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I'm in for clubbing the guy who designed this, but...

I bought the Big Bike Parts trike TPMS. I turn it on and watch my tire pressure and temperature. It alarms when the pressure or temp get out of a range you specify.

I've only had a flat on a bike once, and it convinced me I'll always know my air pressure. I'm also stiff as a board, so being able to check the pressure without getting down and finding the valve stem is a real pain, particularly on the back wheel of the Spyder.

Of course, if the pressure does get low you've still got the same issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts