Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I had a waking nightmare at my dealer. First off, yes they are open Mondays because they're a boat shop pretending to be a motorcycle dealer. Little over two weeks ago I went into my dealership as I had lost a key, I asked for two keys and svc mgr sold them to me. I had to take them to locksmith to get cut then back to dealer to be programmed. When the tech came up to program the new keys he said that the system only accepts two total keys, and the svc mgr said yeah that system only accepts two keys total. I wondered why he sold me an extra $45 key I figured he made mistake and would make it right, I was wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
It helps a lot, if we know what model and year bike you have...

Why'd you buy from this moron? The 2014 models can have as many keys as you can afford, and the older bikes could have up to 4 keys programmed...

A little bit of research prior to your purchase could have prevented this...

Regarding the switch; IF you have a 2014; some of the earlier bikes, had ignition switches that would fail. A bulletin was issued by BRP for the affected bikes. Have your dealer check to see if you're due for a replacement.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: mrbios

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good luck finding any dealer that has staff knowledgeable about Spyders. I guess these kids selling them are primarily interested in how fast they go.
I asked one salesperson about a sway bar and he answered "whats that". Its a real crap shoot in trying to find a shop that knows what they are doing as they sell so many different sport type vehicles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts