CanamSpyderForums.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently looking at a Spyder for my wife and I haven't had time to read a lot about them so I do have a few questions.

Is there any dealer required maint? By that I mean something that they require to keep the warranty valid?

The dealer is a long ways from us and taking it in for anything will be a problem and sure don't want to take it in for normal maint.

While I'm on the maint topic I'll ask just what are the major maint issues?

I normally prefer to do all of my own work and want to be sure that isn't a problem before buying one.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
The first 600 mile dealer checkup is as close as you'll get to being a requirement. It's ultimately a good idea since that is the first service after the break-in period. Things can loosen up by then and the deals has the BUDS computer to check error codes and apply any upgrades.

I had mine done but plan on doing the rest myself. I'm not a mechanic, but I can read directions and take advice from others with the best of them. Plus, working on my own ride allows me to be very thorough. Keeping things in line with warranty is easy if you do the work yourself...save the receipts of all purchases and date them for proof the work was done.

Take the 600 mile check-up with the dealer and use that time to ask as many questions as you can. It pays dividends later. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts