Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new Spyder owner, I was a little disturbed when the salesman told me that I would need to have all service performed by the dealer or if I performed the service myself, I would need to take it to the dealer for the computer to be re-set. Is there any way to perform the re-set myself? Was he telling the truth? I am probably a more qualified mechanic than my local dealer has.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would do the 1st service through the dealer (600 mile) than do the rest of the services on your own. The dealers are the only ones who get the updates etc from B R P and any recalls that are needed. I would talk to the tech and find out if there is any special items you would need to do any services. The salesman doesn't know what he is talking about as usual.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was told by my service mngr/parts guy that its fine to do your own oil/filter changes but to stop by so they can re-set the computer which will show on your screen that a service is due. However, I did mine at 598 mi and now have several hundred past that and nothing is showing.

The owner did say when I got the RT to come by and let them plug in the computer to BUD? to check for any fault codes, updates, etc. That part makes sense and I will have it done after the holiday. They were swamped tuesday so I got the filters and did it myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts