Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LCD in the dashboard of my 2015 rt is dying. When the bike is switched on...the display comes on as a GREEN 3 X2 inch oval.
Does anybody have any ideas?
When I look at replacing it ...I only find replacing the whole dashboard panel for about $1,000.
I really do not want to do that....
Anyone know of any source of used....junk yard ...versions?
Gauge Audio equipment Font Gas Motor vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not done a real battery test....but the battery has plenty of power to start the bike when it is cold. Yes...I will live with it as long as I can...The display does get a little better after I have been riding for a while. The question is....does anything bad happen if the display stops working...I really do not use it at all for my normal riding...the small print is too small for me to see and I have a GPS for speed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes....but I do not know where the actual values are kept....probably not in the display itself...,but, when you remove the whole unit...there is quite a bit of electronics/chip in there.?.?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well....if push comes to shove....I will spend the money to buy a new one.....( I bought this bike...in 2018...with 3,500 miles on it...for less than half the price of a new one)...If I have to spend $ 1 K...on it...it is still a super deal....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts