Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a Goldwing and a Harley Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Due to recent heath problems, holding up 850 lbs is too much. But I still want to ride. Do you think I would like the CanAm? Will it still feel close to 2 wheels?

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I've had a Goldwing and a Harley Ultra Classic Electra Glide. Due to recent heath problems, holding up 850 lbs is too much. But I still want to ride. Do you think I would like the CanAm? Will it still feel close to 2 wheels?
Yes.... I had a trike and a Pacific Coast. I enjoy riding the Spyder because it is the best of all possible combinations (in my mind), the open free feeling of a cycle, the safety of three wheels (with electronic help) and most of all, you don't seem to get "missed" by cars, the Spyder is VISIBLE.

It feels like a muck bigger cycle, but as many have said here, a very different one. Here is a thread from a Forum member hat just bought one: new-spyder-owner

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that health issues are forcing your hand... I can tellyou that I went to the Spyder for the same reason and haven't regretted it for a second!:D
Do they feel like a motorcycle? Yes... and no! First and foremost; they don't handle like a two-wheeler at all. The feel more like a snowmobile or an ATV. They corner p retty "Flat", so you have to lean to the inside of the turns to stay comfy while in the saddle. You also have to steer them.
But... It is still so very good to be back out in the wind! I had been about 6 years without a bike and now realize how much I missed it.
Get thee to a dealer! :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to look at one today just to see how it feels to on one. Hopefully they will let me take one out. Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I took a look at the Limited Edition today. I have a test ride tomorrow. Wow! I can get on with no problem. That seat is so comfortable. Can't wait to drive it. I think it will be the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I agree with the guys - I also quit riding motorcycles when it got too much for my poor achy bones, and now that I'm a Spyder rider, I am addicted.

The steering and different sort of leaning took a minute to get used to, and the lack of a hand brake, but worth the learning curve.

Let us know when you get back from your ride and whether you're looking at an RS or an RT!!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My ride got delayed to today. It will be the RT for sure. The dealer has a limited there. Looks great. They have shipping at 2K and dealer prep at 2.1K Wow! Is this normal?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My ride got delayed to today. It will be the RT for sure. The dealer has a limited there. Looks great. They have shipping at 2K and dealer prep at 2.1K Wow! Is this normal?
I got my RT Limited from Midwest Performance & Power in Keokuk, IA. Shipping and dealer prep was $500 total. I also got the B.E.S.T. extended 36 month warranty (5 yr total) for $800. They are extremely high IMO. I would look elsewhere if they will not negotiate. I would also look into their service department to make sure they have certified Can-Am Spyder mechanics. I paid close to list price for my Spyder but my dealer has a very good service department. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Do what? Shipping and prep at 2k each? You gotta be kidding me! I would run, not walk, outta there. Unless they had discounted the machine drastically beforehand to lure people in and then attempt to recoup the money thru the add-on's they are taking you for a ride. Where is the next closest dealer? You need one within an acceptable distance since you will need the service department. If I were you I would do a little pricing online. Try Cycle Trader.com for starters. Let us know the outcome. David

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
That sounds high to me, too. Definitely shop around. I saw several on cycletrader.com when I bought mine... several were dealers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts