Can-Am Spyder Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a stoplight on my 2015 Spyder and the engine just shuts off....fo no good reason!!!:mad:

Never had an issue like this before and I have had it for almost a year and have put about 3000 miles on it and this has NEVER happened before.

Any words of wisdom here or shall I contact an Exorcist???

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts
Out of gas ?
Loose main battery cable ?
Accidentally hit the KILL switch ??

I bet that there IS a good reason.......and it won't be creepy at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just fueled up 20min prior (93 octane)
Never touched the kill switch
Replaced battery 3 weeks prior (and when I got it home the battery nuts were snug).

I can 'see' a loose battery cable BUT I would figure that something like that would happen if I was on bumpy terain but at a stop light for ~ 4 to 6 seconds and then just have the engine 'stop'. I had to stop numerous times on the remainder of the 25 mile trip home and that was nerve-racking to say the least...

Keep it posted on here if it do happen again and if I find out why I shall do the same...Whiskey Sierra Foxtrot Sierra 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts
Just fueled up 20min prior (93 octane)

I had to stop numerous times on the remainder of the 25 mile trip home and that was nerve-racking to say the least...
While a loose cable can show up at ANY time, it really sounds like you got some bad gas.
Or maybe the tank vent is stuck, I'm guessing in the gas cap.

Oh, and maybe it would be a good idea to "touch" the kill switch a few times just to exercise it a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 14 RTL and every so often this happens to me usually at stop light or when I slow to a stop. I do note that it usually happpens within a mile or 2 when I first start out. Maybe because the engine may not be warmed up enough. It's one of those things I cant even get service for because it happens so rarely. It's definately not the kill switch because I would have to put some pressure to kick the switch and brushing against the switch would not filt it. Besides, if you accidentally hit the switch, you would have to turn it back on when when restarting and you would remember that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 14 RTL and every so often this happens to me usually at stop light or when I slow to a stop. I do note that it usually happpens within a mile or 2 when I first start out. Maybe because the engine may not be warmed up enough. It's one of those things I cant even get service for because it happens so rarely. It's definately not the kill switch because I would have to put some pressure to kick the switch and brushing against the switch would not filt it. Besides, if you accidentally hit the switch, you would have to turn it back on when when restarting and you would remember that.
Ya, I have read a bit more and it's not just 'us' so lets call it a 8 on the weird s%it-o-meter and hope that it doesn't become a more normal event..
Thnx!!

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts
Ya, I have read a bit more and it's not just 'us' so lets call it a 8 on the weird s%it-o-meter and hope that it doesn't become a more normal event..
Thnx!!
Did you read my answer ?
If you are going to ignore the replies you get, why post in the first place ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you read my answer ?
If you are going to ignore the replies you get, why post in the first place ?
Pretty sure I did read your response and I replied. I also read ANOTHER persons post and it happened to them too. I also read a few others who said it happened at stop lights and whilst doing 40mph who had the same problem. Maybe this isn't what YOU thought was wrong... Does that upset you? You gonna be ok? We can get through this....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts