Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a Corbin seat on their Spyder, what are your thoughts and how was the fit, finish, and install?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I got the BRP comfort seat for my RS for about half what a Corbin cost. Don't know if the BRP is as good but feels and looks much better than the stock seat.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Has anyone put a Corbin seat on their Spyder, what are your thoughts and how was the fit, finish, and install?
I have a corbin seat on my 2009 gs/rs I had the can-am comfort seat which was not very good The corbin seat is far superior to the comfort seat, it will take about 1000 miles for it to break in but you will be able to ride your bike for many many more hours than with the comfort seat. It is not hard at all to install the corbin seat. This is my third corbin seat that I have had on my bikes, well worth the price of the seat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
corbin seat...

I have a Corbin seat on my RT. The seat is very comfortable, I love the gas door, and the Logo is very nice, but...
1. There is no provision to use the BRP gas cylinder to raise the seat. The skimpy lever on the Corbin while o.k., is not as nice as the original.
2. The locking pin was 1/2" off, and did not line up with the locking mechanism. I had to remove the pin altogether. I sent them a drawing for an offset pin, but got no response from them.
3. The rivets around the gas tank opening were exposed and scratched the body panels. Corbin did send some leather, but I had to glue it in place over the rivet heads.
4. The rear pivot point design is nowhere near as good as the original. The BRP design uses internal bushings which allow the bolts to be tightened, and the seat pivots on these bushings. The Corbin design has no bushings, and the seat pivots on the bolts. When you tighten the bolts, you are crushing the plastic mounts on the RT against the seat brackets, so you can't tighten them sufficiently to prevent movement fore and aft.
5. The Corbin backrest has an excessive amount of fore/aft, and side to side play in its mount. The tolerances of the mechanism are very "sloppy" compared to other backrests on the market.

Overall I'm satisfied with the seat, but Corbin needs to listen to their customers ideas about how to improve their products.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts