Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a Spyder owner for all of one week, I have a question concerning ordering a Corbin seat (non heated). I own a 2012 Spyder RT-S. This seat (original equipment) has a wired connection that attaches to the underside of this seat. What is this connection for...??????? I see no electrical components on this seat to justify this connection. Will my newly ordered Corbin seat have this connection...????? Thank You for your responses...!:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Corbin seat

I put one on my 2010 rt-s and it came with the connector under the seat. My take on this is a safety switch for seat and vss. I had ordered the heated seat option which did work good and still have it as I now have a 2012 rt-s limited with the tan seat and don,t plan on changing it so this seat will be for sale. I did also put the arm rests from Corbin which is a must if you have a rider

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Corbin seat & electrical connection

Thank you riders for the response. Yes, that makes sense on that electrical connection on the original seat. :)

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
I would NEVER EVER get a another corbin product !!!!

there are better seats out there than theirs these days

the quality sux and the customer service is terrible

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
not for the RT yet

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would NEVER EVER get a another corbin product !!!!

there are better seats out there than theirs these days

the quality sux and the customer service is terrible
I am with you on that, the worst seat I ever had will never buy another corbin. I do wonder on the rear seat switch should I have it pushed in, with my weight all the 3 corbin bags and all that I carry I am sure I am over 300 lbs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Might I ask why you dislike the Corbin seat so much ? Was thinking about getting one for my RT. Had one on my wing and loved it .......that is after the breakin period needed .

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
first the looong break in period and they base their rep on foam.. big deal there are lots that do the same

second the quality sux as far as I am concerned. do a search for crappy corbin seats and arm rests. I have to have my armrests rebuilt after they tore and corbin did nothing to try and fix the problem even though they were less than 6 weeks old

when i got them rebuilt we found the fiberglass was literally falling off in our hands, so it cost me more to have them fixed than what they cost in the first place

last but not least is the customer service it SUX !!! corbin is seating on it's butt because they figure they have been around for sooo long that they don't need to do much for their customers and product

I am getting Day-Long seats. I can't post any web addies for some reason so try ***.day-long.com

ultimate is supposed to be coming out with a RT seat this spring sometime too

·
Registered
61 Posts
first the looong break in period and they base their rep on foam.. big deal there are lots that do the same

second the quality sux as far as I am concerned. do a search for crappy corbin seats and arm rests. I have to have my armrests rebuilt after they tore and corbin did nothing to try and fix the problem even though they were less than 6 weeks old

when i got them rebuilt we found the fiberglass was literally falling off in our hands, so it cost me more to have them fixed than what they cost in the first place

last but not least is the customer service it SUX !!! corbin is seating on it's butt because they figure they have been around for sooo long that they don't need to do much for their customers and product

I am getting Day-Long seats. I can't post any web addies for some reason so try ***.day-long.com

ultimate is supposed to be coming out with a RT seat this spring sometime too

I agree with you all the way, but for me the worst is it's hard as a rock.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
That's what I have heard too

I know a couple of guys here who have them on their wings

they use house cushions on top.. worst thing they have ever done they told me

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a Corbin on an old BMW R1150 RT, it had come with the bike and was pretty comfortable. Unfortunately it sat about 2 inches higher than the stock seat and only allowed my toes to touch the ground. So I sent it off to corbin to be redone and that was where the nightmare started. Everything you've heard bad about Corbin Customer Service is true! That thing went back and forth between Corbin and my house, until eventually I just quit and used the stock seat. I won't buy Corbin.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
yup yup

they are sitting on their laurels in the past.. they may be great for harleys and such, but they are going to get lost in the Spyder shuffle

i can't wait till April 24 when Day-Long makes my new seat

I think my phat butt will be playing love songs... hmmm wife may not like that, but hers will be also as we getting front and back done

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had a couple of Mustang seats (on an HD Road King, and a Yamaha Stratoliner), they were comfortable and well made at a good price. Can't say anything about their Customer Service as I never had to use it, however that probably speaks volumes about the product.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
yeah prpbably, too bad they have not got the memo yet about Spyders

·
Registered
22 Posts
yup yup

they are sitting on their laurels in the past.. they may be great for harleys and such, but they are going to get lost in the Spyder shuffle

i can't wait till April 24 when Day-Long makes my new seat

I think my phat butt will be playing love songs... hmmm wife may not like that, but hers will be also as we getting front and back done
You will be in love. I had a Corbin on my Valkyrie when I bought it. Had to have it rebuilt 3 times. The first guy said he doubts you could shoot a bullet through it. I then had it done by day-long. Made my heart sing :D:D. Also with them you get a guarentee. If you don't like it they will rebuild it FREE 3 times and if still no good they will return it to the seat you had sent them. A win, win in my book.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
yup yup

that's what I hear and have read..

April 24 is my appointment

1 - 20 of 30 Posts