Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We have a spyder in R & D and they are working on the problems, and should be corrected very soon.

subject2: Corbin seat for 2009 Can Am spyder SM5

comments: I have read on the spyder forums that there have been some issues with the Corbin seat for the spyder, rivets that scratch the body work and the seat locking pin is not in the right place; have these issues been correct? just for the record; I have been a long time Corbin supporter, I am considering buying a Corbin seat for my spyder, I do not have a problem spending the money as long as the product fits as it is supposed too, nothing is more frustrating than spending a lot of money and then having to have the seat fixed so it will fit the way it is supposed too. Please let me know if these issues have been addressed.

thank you

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not certain how this relates to your model; but we have a 2010 RT, and I'm also considering a Corbin. two of my biggest concerns on the seat are, the locking pin only being on ONE side, rather than both. and I believe this also relates to the second concern of, just how flimsy the left side of the stock seat seems; as a result of only one side being locked down.

the left side of the seat seems to be VERY flimsy, and lifts up VERY easily; which gives ME great cause for concern.

this may not be an issue with Corbin seats and their stoutness. but it might be worth asking about; before you're stuck with something you're not pleased with.

in my opinion...

·
Registered
23 Posts
corbin seat...

The Corbin seat that I installed on my RT had rivets that did scratch my paint. Corbin sent some leather that I glued over the rivet heads and this did protect the finish.
My locking pin was off by 1/2" and I subsequently removed it. It seems that others have removed theirs also. The only time that I think a problem might arrise from not having the seat latched down would be if you were rear ended. You have to remember that the BRP seat only latches on one side anyway.
Another thing that I did not like about the Corbin seat for the RT is that you lose the pneumatic lift. The Corbin seat will not accomodate it, and it must be removed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Corbin Seat Information:

I think all these concerns need to be forwarded to Corbin now so they can make the necessary changes to make the seat the way it needs to be. If we don't pass on information to them how are they supposed to correct the problems that exist?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Corbin seat:

I spoke with Corbin and ordered my seat for my 2009 SM5, they explained to me that people with the RT did not release that you can loosen four screws and move the locking pin into position, they have received a number of complaints that were easily corrected once people realized the pin was adjustable. I have always been a fan of Corbin seats and I will continue to be due to the high quality of their products. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
locking pin...

I spoke with Corbin and ordered my seat for my 2009 SM5, they explained to me that people with the RT did not release that you can loosen four screws and move the locking pin into position, they have received a number of complaints that were easily corrected once people realized the pin was adjustable. I have always been a fan of Corbin seats and I will continue to be due to the high quality of their products. :)
Problem with mine was that the pin was off by 7/16", and there's no way the latch can be moved that much. I offered up a fix for Corbin, but they turned a deaf ear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts