Well I will never buy a Corbin product again and that includes seats

I have had my Corbin arm rests about 6 weeks now and look what I found today

so much for the vaunted Corbin quality

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it will probably cost me at least $50 to send them back from canada

i don't think they will cover that cost..

the things cost me over $300 as it is

why should I have to pay more?

the other one is just as bad too..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Let me know what happens. I was looking at their seat but what I see from your pic. and the price ugh!! Their seat with back trunk back rest goes about $1100.00 without the heat.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey Jersey Girl,

Don't know if you saw on one of the other threads but take a look at the "Day Long" seats for the Spyder. They look really nice.

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have looked at them but you need to send your old seat to them to be recovered

ummm too busy riding ATM and still expensive to send from West Coast of Canada

but they sure look nice.. but not sure how they can customize without you being there to get measured and try things on for size..

would hate to spend all that money and find out they stuck things in the wrong places, then would not even have a seat

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that was my kind of thought too

same with my arm rests, as I don't think Corbin is going to do anything about them.. so will more than likely get them recovered locally, but get it done properly even though it will cost me a few bucks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone had a good experience with the Corbin seat for the RT? I had one on a 2008 wing and loved it. I like how you could gas up without lifting the seat. It seems everyone has had negative things.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Those seats do look like they're really comfortable and the price really isn't that high considering .

My buddy has a Corbin on his Wing and its super comfortable , soft and wide.

I had a Diamond custom seat on my old wing , hardest seat I ever sat on. Dealer actually told me ( after purchase ) that it would take at least 3000 miles to break it in and he was right. Up until break in it was the most uncomfortable ride I ever had and even after break in it was still not all that good......$800+. When I ordered the Diamond you sat on a seat and they measured your inseam , seat still came standard width.

I found that just by taking measurements , you don't get a "custom " seat per se. Inseam measurement means they make it thicker or thinner . A custom seat is one where you actually sit and they take measurements and form from that. Most custom seats are thicker but not wider and the butt still hangs over and you get pressure soreness caused by the seat edge.My buddys Corbin is plenty wide and no pressure point soreness. The Day Long looks like its quite a bit wider than the stock spyder seat. I'd like to try one sometime but Cali is a long way from me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Give Corbin a call. I had a problem, talked with the salesman I ordered from and he issued a recall pick-up. They sent a label to send the seat back to them at no cost. Good Luck

·
Super Moderators
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have given up on them

I live in Canada and after a coupel of e-mails I have not heard anythign from them again

I am getting them recovered next spring when I get my Day Rider seat

·
Registered
3 Posts
Corbin Seat

I purchased a Corbin seat with heat and armrest and installed them about 4 weeks ago. When installing the trunk passenger back rest, I noticed a manufacturing flaw. I called Tech service and they only said I would have to send it back for repair. Three days later I tried to get a RA to send it back. Several days after this, I called the salesman I purchased the seat and arm rest from. He sent a return label, prepaid, by UPS the next day. The UPS man picked up the back rest the same day and 3 days later I had a new back rest. I am now completely satisfied with my Corbin seat. We have used it in 40 degrees with no problem.

PS the cost was around $1700

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have also a bad experience with corbin quality. I had it for for Harley davidson and it was piped slammed and boring seats which hurts the back potion. I will never buy the corbin seats again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts