Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well,today I picked up my new 2011 CanAm RTS-SE5. It sure was very different then all the motorcycles I have ever had. I also have a 2009 Suzuki Burgman 650 . I have 1900 miles on it since last summer. It has got to be the smoothest, quietest and fastest 2 wheeler I have ever owned. It is as smooth as my 07 Toyota Avalon. However, the Spyder is very very different. You feel the bumps more since there is more tire on the road surface. I thought it would be super smooth since it was the top of the line. I put 40 miles on today, and I actually enjoy it. You do have to get used to the steering and the turning. It has a great stereo system and lots of other great electronic goodies. The electronic shift seems to work well. However, to go into 5th gear I believe that you have to be over the 3500rpm mark. You can feel the shifting, but it is not a problem at all. I believe that after a few hundred miles it will get smoother and smoother. The storage compartments will hold a ton of baggage and other necessities. The only thing missing is a cup holder. LOL. Like I said earlier, it is not as smooth as my Burgman 650 but it is a real hoot to drive. I like things that are different and don't want what everybody else has. I have had over 45 cycles in my lifetime and I liked most of them. I just love to trade and try new things. I lose money on every deal, but I make it up in volume. LOL. It has one big drawback. $27,000. It cost the same as my 07 Avalon Ltd.
That's the motorcycle world for you. Just like the marine equipment. Way over priced.
Like BRP said in their dvd demo video " It is somewhere between a motorcycle and a convertible."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts