Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and considering on buying an RS for my GF and I to enjoy. I am mostly here to learn from you all on the ride and handling of the bike and how it will work in my situation. I have been a Motorcycle rider in California for about 12 years but my GF has never been on one and is scared. The other issue i have is she is a Paraplegic and uses a wheelchair. As much as i would rather buy an RT for the comfort for her in the back it's way out of my price range. So that being said I'm thinking about getting the RS with the back rest and making a bracket to hang her wheelchair off the back along with adding the Hard Saddle Bags so she feels more protected in the rear.

What are your thoughts??

Thanks,
Ali

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome!

I can understand your girlfriend's nervousness. The only way to be sure if she'll relax enough to enjoy the ride is if she gives it a shot. Though don't force her if she doesn't want to... riding passenger on the Spyder may be uncomfortable for her in that when you turn or take a curve, the centrifugal force is different than on a motorcycle, since you don't lean the vehicle, just the body.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts