Can-Am Spyder Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Motorcycle engine normal jump-start the three elements

If the compression process anomalies, compression pressure decreases. In many cases, compression pressure drop will cause flameout and starting difficulties. In this case, as measured by compression pressure, check valve clearance etc, can grasp the general. Compression pressure drop is the main reason for the cylinder gasket seal with damage, the crankcase, valve joint etc.
cheap Jordan shoesIf fuel system and cannot obtain appropriate anomalies of mixture, engine starting becomes difficult. No shortage of fuel oil or the carburetor float chamber no fuel, needle valve by bonding, the fuel pipe and filter is blocked, fuel cap clogged, etc. NHL jerseysThe morning is the main reason for the difficulty of cold start-up gasoline at low temperature is less volatile because of low temperature condition and the oil viscosity increases, the engine internal resistance increases and rotational speed, so the air velocity and low and cause petrol is not fully atomization. Engine stopped working, after exercise can start again when starting the engine is due to high temperature and the temperature inside the carburetor, air jordan shoesfuel and oil to float indoor boiling too strong and can't start mixture.The ignition system, because the spark and cannot get out. This is the main reason for the current, there is not enough and spark ignition timing no fault, etc. The reason is not enough current electrical wiring fault, engine flameout switch fault, magnetic-motors etc), fault fault.

Well guys the weather was too nice so the spyder came home, I really like it, I'm going to try and get a little riding in before the weather gets bad.
Peter Egan said it best: "When the sun is shining, go for a ride. If you need a motorcycle, just buy it. Sooner is better than later." -Peter Egan, Leanings.

Congrats!!

I puchased a 2010 SE5 Spyder and overall, thoroughly enjoy it. A major issue for me since we live in the south and ride in warm temperatures in the summer months was the extreme heat coming from the left exhaust pipe which is about 1" from your leg. It got so hot in stop-and-go traffic that it burned my leg. Called BRP ... told me to go buy extended footpegs ... my answer was, "it's a brand new motorcycle ... I'm not going to buy anything". Went back to the dealership and they wrapped the exhaust which solved the severe problem ... still gets warm but it's tolerable. I've now received the recall on the power steering box and took it to the dealership over 2 weeks ago. The way BRP is working the recall ... they send one unit to the dealership to fix the first one in. The dealership then has to ship the bad unit back to BRP in Canada and wait for another one to be sent to them. It's been 3 weeks since they sent the first one back and BRP won't even acknowledge they've received it. Sorry to rattle on ... guess what I'm trying to say is that BRP is not big on customer service but I still love the Spyder. Good luck!

What a bummer

With seven hours on my spyder the water pump gasket blew, antifreeze everywhere, stranded, tow bill, not cool at all, hopefully this will be the last problem like this.:mad:
The upshot if there is one.....this should be a simple repair. If the waterpump gasket is the culprit. Its inexpensive and not to terrible to access. Personally I would be inclined to order the parts and DIY. Oh, your already in Canada....you will probably get a faster response from BRP on parts and warranty.
Don't forget! unwind the belt tension! '09s have their belts too tight. You may notice the bike runs alot better if you do so. The dealers may try to fill your head with alot of BS about the proper tension. if you follow the spec for the yamaha stratoliner or Harley your spyder will run alot better and won't cause your output bearing to self destruct.
Post some good news when your back in your saddle.:)

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Dealer response to problem:

The dealer where I brought my spyder from came and picked it up from where I had it towed too and are fixing it and they are going to do my first service free of charge, they are also going to bring my spyder back to my house when it is repaired, I think this is all someone can ask for, I live 150km's from the dealer. I was not happy with the breakdown; but at least my dealer stepped up and helped me out, hopefully there won't be any more problems.

count your blessings!

The dealer where I brought my spyder from came and picked it up from where I had it towed too and are fixing it and they are going to do my first service free of charge, they are also going to bring my spyder back to my house when it is repaired, I think this is all someone can ask for, I live 150km's from the dealer. I was not happy with the breakdown; but at least my dealer stepped up and helped me out, hopefully there won't be any more problems.
Wow, That is an amazing and unheard of level of service. Want to hear something funny? My dealer quoted me $400 to do 600 mile check. My response was "your joking right?" my thought was "its not going to happen."(oil and filter+gaskets $60) I could just hear the laughter over the telephone if I called and asked them to travel across town to rescue my broken down spyder. It should be obvious that I have zero trust or faith in dealerships ability to #1 understand my machine,#2 provide the correct service advice, #3 to charge fair and honestly for services rendered. Now I do understand that dealerships are not charitable organizations, I just choose to avoid them at all cost. The archives of this forum has several dealer horror stories. Its great to hear a repair story that has a happy ending for a change. :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.